Author Topic: Marxist teacher who called for ‘forceful cultural revolution’ lands seat on Colorado legislature  (Read 459 times)

Offline Kamaji

Marxist teacher who called for ‘forceful cultural revolution’ lands seat on Colorado legislature

By Hannah Grossman, Fox News   
August 28, 2023

A Marxist teacher from Colorado, who called for a “FORCEFUL Cultural Revolution” against “Whiteness,” was voted in by Democrats to fill an open state House of Representatives seat Saturday.

Tim Hernández was selected as a state representative for the Denver area on Saturday by a committee of Democrats tasked with filling the vacant seat after its incumbent, Serena Gonzales-Gutierrez, was elected to the Denver City Council.

Hernandez worked at Aurora West Preparatory Academy in the Aurora Public Schools District, according to its website from May. Their staff list has since been scrubbed, and it was unclear if he continues to work in the Colorado district. A sign in his classroom called for “Dismantl[ing] White systems.”

Fox News Digital previously found that Hernández went on a Marxist diatribe at a protest organized by unions.

“I want to tear some s–t up it out for you. Are you ready?” Hernández said.

“What I think is happening in our schools, what I think is showing up in my classroom is a lot of the things that we get into ideological circles up here. We like to compete who knows Marx better, who knows these things better, who’s a Leninist. Listen, all right, I’ll give you a real take on this s–t. Kids don’t care,” he said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/28/marxist-teacher-who-called-for-forceful-cultural-revolution-lands-seat-on-colorado-legislature/