Author Topic: Maui Identifies Cause of Wildfires, Throwing Cold Water over Democrats’ ‘Global Warming’ Narrative  (Read 360 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Maui Identifies Cause of Wildfires, Throwing Cold Water over Democrats’ ‘Global Warming’ Narrative
Frank BergmanAugust 27, 2023 - 2:01 pm0 Comments

Officials in Maui have identified the cause of the recent devastating wildfires, directly contradicting the Democrats’ narrative that “global warming” was to blame.

The Democrats have been heavily pushing claims, without evidence, that the Hawaii fires were caused by the so-called “climate crisis.”

Multiple Democratic Party lawmakers and Biden administration officials have promoted the false claims that “climate change” was to blame.

Many have been using the disaster to advance their green agenda.

However, Maui County government officials filed a lawsuit this week that reveals the results of the investigations into the fires.

https://slaynews.com/news/maui-identifies-wildfires-democrats-global-warming-narrative/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

The court filings allege that Hawaiian Electric Company (HECO) and its subsidiaries failed to properly power down live electrical equipment amid a red flag windstorm earlier this month.

Due to this failure, downed power lines operated by the utility company sparked a series of deadly fires on the island, the lawsuit claimed.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Bullshit.....

Global Warming/ Climate Change did cause this.  Money was wasted on green energy initiatives insteqad of maintaining existing electrical infrastucure.

I hope to see enviro-whackos soon being imprisoned for their actions.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

1.)  Electric rates in Hawaii will be increasing
2.)  Hawaiian Electric will enter bacnkruptcy protection.

The Maui fires are an example of the consequences of the Global Climate Change Nonsense.

1.)  Resources are finite.
2.)  The opportunity cost of "going Green" is deferred maintenance on legacy infrastructure.

I call it "Nonsense" because liberals misdirect public and private resources away from real, mundane needs towards imaginary, existential threats.

John Kerry will never fly in his private jet to an awards ceremony for Hawaii Electric's Lineman of the Year.

How do we measure Return On Investment for all this Green Nonsense?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 05:54:35 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

1.)  Electric rates in Hawaii will be increasing
2.)  Hawaiian Electric will enter bacnkruptcy protection.

The Maui fires are an example of the consequences of the Global Climate Change Nonsense.

1.)  Resources are finite.
2.)  The opportunity cost of "going Green" is deferred maintenance on legacy infrastructure.

I call it "Nonsense" because liberals misdirect public and private resources away from real, mundane needs towards imaginary, existential threats.

John Kerry will never fly in his private jet to an awards ceremony for Hawaii Electric's Lineman of the Year.

How do we measure Return On Investment for all this Green Nonsense?

:thumbsup:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Either the electricity providers suffer from abysmal incompetence or they left the power on intentionally.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Gee...

Seems to me that in the past, the power companies were expected to try to keep the power on as much as they could during storms.

To arbitrarily "cut it off" as long as the system was still up-and-running was... unthinkable.

It's only within the past few years that now power companies are expected to shut off power to users BEFORE the storm hits.

And then, they'll be blamed for not getting it right back up once the storm is gone (and damage may have been done).