Author Topic: Top general outlines future of US presence in Syria  (Read 229 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Top general outlines future of US presence in Syria
« on: August 28, 2023, 04:42:42 pm »
28 Aug, 2023 15:40
HomeWorld News
Top general outlines future of US presence in Syria
Chair of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley said American troops will remain in the country for the foreseeable future

American troops are in Syria for the long haul, General Mark Milley, the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, has predicted. He claimed that the contingent will stay in the country to fight remaining ISIS militants.

President Bashar Assad’s government has repeatedly demanded that Washington pull out its forces from its territory, describing the US military presence there as illegal.

Speaking to Jordan’s Al-Mamlaka TV channel on Thursday, Milley said: “I can’t imagine that the United States would ever walk away from the Middle East. I think we’ll remain committed for many, many years and decades to come.”

https://www.rt.com/news/581988-us-general-military-presence-syria/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Top general outlines future of US presence in Syria
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 02:58:43 am »
I'd say bring them all home but as long as Brandon and his ilk are in charge it would be a giant Fuster Cluck!