Author Topic: Donald Trump indictment: Judge sets Jack Smith's 2020 election trial to March 2024  (Read 419 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump indictment: Judge sets Jack Smith's 2020 election trial to March 2024
by Kaelan Deese, Supreme Court Reporter
August 28, 2023 11:29 AM

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan set a March 2024 trial date for former President Donald Trump's alleged 2020 election subversion trial after attorneys for the defense and Jack Smith's team engaged in a scheduling fight in court Monday morning.

Lawyers for Trump, John Lauro and Todd Blanche, met with prosecutors from Smith's team at the federal district courthouse in Washington, D.C. to quibble over their conflicting preferences for when a trial will commence in the alleged election subversion case.

Chutkan decided on a trial date of March 4, 2024 — before the presidential election.

"It gives Trump seven months" to prepare, Chutkan said, saying she was concerned about all relevant factors under the speedy trial act.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/donald-trump-indictment-judge-sets-march-2024-trial
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

That will make Super Tuesday, March, 2024, more interesting.  Is Vegas taking bets, yet?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge Tanya Chutkan Sets Trump’s J6 Trial Date for Eve of Super Tuesday

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan has scheduled the trial date for former President Donald Trump’s federal case, alleging he attempted to overturn the 2020 election results, for March 4, 2024 – a day before Super Tuesday.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2023/08/28/trump-trial-date-eve-super-tuesday/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34