Author Topic: ‘I was told transitioning would save me. It destroyed my life’  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Telegraph
‘I was told transitioning would save me. It destroyed my life’
Story by Peter Stanford •

Chloe Cole remembers the exact moment she knew she wanted to detransition. The 19-year-old from California’s Central Valley had undergone “top” surgery (a full or partial mastectomy) in her mid-teens to transition from female to male and returned to high school as Leo. Then, in 2021, as part of her psychology module, she found herself learning about family and parenting.

“It came as a huge wake-up call to me,” says Cole. “As I listened, I realised that I had a maternal instinct, that one day I’d like to have kids of my own, but that the effects of being prescribed puberty blockers and testosterone during my transition might mean I couldn’t.”

With hindsight, she agrees it is odd that it hadn’t dawned on her before, but she was only 15 at the time of her surgery and having children one day or being able to breastfeed them really wasn’t the first thing on her mind. “But sitting in that class, it hurt me really deeply to realise how a part of me had been taken away.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/i-was-told-transitioning-would-save-me-it-destroyed-my-life/ar-AA1fQgao?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c1c65405ea704b95bc557004cc2f8c4e&ei=24
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: ‘I was told transitioning would save me. It destroyed my life’
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 03:28:11 pm »
People who do this to children are as bad as Dr. Mengele.