Author Topic: NYC anti-migrant rally turns violent at clash with counter-protesters outside Gracie Mansion  (Read 360 times)

Offline Kamaji

NYC anti-migrant rally turns violent at clash with counter-protesters outside Gracie Mansion

By Haley Brown and
Jorge Fitz-Gibbon   
August 27, 2023

Protesters on both sides of the migrant dispute clashed outside Gracie Mansion on Sunday, as dozens of cops tried to keep the raucous crowd under control during the unprecedented crisis engulfing the Big Apple.

Some of the more than 100 demonstrators screamed and threw punches at each other at the Upper East Side rally as most bashed City Hall’s handling of the crisis while others shouted them down.

“No migrants on Long Island!” a Donald Trump supporter shouted outside the Manhattan home of Mayor Eric Adams. “We pay a lot of property taxes!”

Shouted another, “Americans over migrants!”

Members of the anti-asylum seeker crowd held signs warning of “unvetted migrants” and cautioned that “our safety is in serious jeopardy.”

Nearly two dozen counter-protesters returned the verbal volley, yelling out, “F–k white supremacist NYPD!” as about 50 cops looked on.

The tense standoff came as about 100,000 migrants from the US southern border have flooded the five boroughs, forcing Adams to come up with at least 200 emergency shelters to house them.

The facilities, including a massive, 3,000-bed tent city on Randall’s Island, have irked locals who said they fear that the influx of migrants could be a powder keg.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/27/trump-supporters-counter-protesters-clash-at-anti-migrant-rally-outside-gracie-mansion/

Online DefiantMassRINO

Until the Border is secured, keep sending the buses up north.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The common man is getting pissed off.  They need to turn their anger on the rich limousine liberals who got you into this mess.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The common man is getting pissed off.  They need to turn their anger on the rich limousine liberals who got you into this mess.
Right. They are fighting the symptoms, not the disease.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis