Author Topic: Woman, 38, whose undiagnosed Lyme disease left her 'MINUTES from death' reveals how plant-based diet  (Read 554 times)

Online mountaineer

EXCLUSIVE - Woman, 38, whose undiagnosed Lyme disease left her 'MINUTES from death' reveals how plant-based diet nearly DESTROYED her body - before she turned to strict carnivore regimen that completely cured her symptoms

*Angela Lerro, 38, from Los Angeles, stopped eating most meat and fish in 2013
    *She began fainting up to 20 times a day and suffering from anaphylaxis
    *Angela learned her diet was killing her after being diagnosed with Lyme disease

By Carol Driver For Dailymail.com
Updated: 07:32 EDT, 27 August 2023

A woman who was advised to follow a plant-based diet after being diagnosed with breast cancer and having a mastectomy has opened up about how shunning meat almost killed her while she was suffering from undiagnosed Lyme disease.

Angela Lerro, 38, from Los Angeles, stopped eating most meat and fish and lived mainly on vegetables and colorful salad dishes for three years after undergoing surgery in 2013.

But instead of feeling better, she began fainting up to 20 times a day, breaking out in hives and rashes, and suffering from heightened anxiety and anaphylaxis. She became so bloated, she looked pregnant.   ...

'I thought eating mostly plants was going to make me better, but it was actually making me worse.

'Most plants are high in histamine, salicylates, and oxalates, and when the gut and liver are impaired, the body cannot digest them properly and the chemicals can create a plethora of autoimmune health issues, creating more inflammation and histamine responses in the body.

'My liver wasn't able to digest plants so I experienced a lifetime of hives, breathing issues, rapid heart rate, skin burning, anxiety, joint pain, fatigue, brain fog, breakouts, throat swelling, and other autonomic dysfunctions.

'The carnivore diet starves the bacteria and parasites in our gut causing these illnesses and gives the body the space it needs to come back into balance and heal.

'I've gone from being bedridden and needing help to stand, to doing daily yoga and multiple hikes per week.' ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Why can't we eat both?
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

Why can't we eat both?

I know a few people who went carnivore for a time and got better.

I also know people who have truly fasted and got better.

I don't think a continuous carnivore diet is likely good for you... But for a time...

Like anything... Except breathing.  :laugh:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I know a few people who went carnivore for a time and got better.

I also know people who have truly fasted and got better.

I don't think a continuous carnivore diet is likely good for you... But for a time...

Like anything... Except breathing.  :laugh:

Guess I eat close to what they call the Mediterranean diet. About half animal and plant, little processed, and good quality.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

Guess I eat close to what they call the Mediterranean diet. About half animal and plant, little processed, and good quality.

I always considered myself a meat eater... I never sit down to a meal without meat. But I drag it through the garden, yes I do.

The thing that was a surprise to me, what with my cardio sodium restrictions, was how much of my diet had salt - And I am only restricted to the recommended daily allowance - which is impossible with home canning as an instance. And every other dang thing a country boy might eat.  *****rollingeyes*****