Author Topic: Chicago holds 1st 'Day of Dignity' in support of refugees, new arrivals and migrants  (Read 209 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Chicago holds 1st 'Day of Dignity' in support of refugees, new arrivals and migrants
Guests received meals, school supplies, hot showers

Christian Piekos Image
ByChristian Piekos WLS logo
Saturday, August 26, 2023 6:44PM

Chicago held its first-ever Day of Dignity Saturday to support refugees, new arrivals and migrants in need.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- At Sullivan High School on the North Side, neighbors are helping neighbors.

"Most of the time it's difficult for our refugee communities to get resources additional from what they receive from the government," said Dana Rainey of the Misfits Market.

Saturday marks Islamic Relief USA's "Day of Dignity." It's a chance to give back to communities in need with the Chicago Refugee Coalition.

"Day of Dignity is an incredible opportunity for the Chicago community to come together in support of refugees, new arrivals and migrants that are part of the fabric of our Chicago community," said Alisa Bhachu, Chicago Refugee Coalition executive director.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-refugees-migrants-day-of-dignity-refugee-coalition/13704581/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 :3:  This while they're trying to ship them to the suburbs! :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji