Author Topic: 10 Texas Commandments  (Read 1031 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
10 Texas Commandments
« on: August 27, 2023, 05:01:19 pm »
A little levity for my fellow Texans...

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: 10 Texas Commandments
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 05:19:14 pm »
11. Thou shalt not put beans in chili!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 05:51:22 pm »

12. Public Air Guitar of any ZZ Top tune is not only acceptable, but encouraged. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 06:06:52 pm »
12. Public Air Guitar of any ZZ Top tune is not only acceptable, but encouraged. 
13. Every male shall have at least one firearm in his home ready for quick retrieval and use.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 06:11:37 pm »
Don't mess with TX!!  Ya gotta love our TX Briefers!!  3333hugs
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 06:29:56 pm »

This has been an on going debate.  I'd never make it in TX. I always put beans of some sort in my chili -- it gives it the extra 'umph' in my opinion.  To bean or not to bean???  If you're from TX -- I've learned it's a no-no.

Whether you fall in the beans or no beans camp, chili is one of the most satisfying ways to feed a hungry crowd. Especially when served with a hunk of cornbread on the side. Or is it Saltine crackers? That's a debate for another day…

....So cornbread or crackers?

I do both.  Oyster crackers inside the chili and cornbread on the side.  :shrug:

https://www.southernliving.com/food/dish/chili/chili-recipe-debate-with-or-no-beans

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2023, 06:31:18 pm »
13. Every male shall have at least one firearm in his home ready for quick retrieval and use.

#13 should be mandated in every state.  But just males?  I'd say every male AND female...

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2023, 06:45:10 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2023, 06:47:37 pm »

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2023, 08:22:47 pm »
#13 should be mandated in every state.  But just males? I'd say every male AND female...
YES!