Author Topic: Biden energy chief claims wiping out 60% of oil imports will help, not harm, energy security  (Read 1029 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Biden energy chief claims wiping out 60% of oil imports will help, not harm, energy security

America's grid has faced mounting challenges under Biden's energy transition. Critics say Biden's energy plans threaten our national security interests.
By Addison Smith

Updated: August 26, 2023 - 11:18pm

In a speech to a Seattle crowd Wednesday, Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm made the claim that lower oil imports improves U.S. energy security.

Praising Biden’s historic green energy funding and 100% clean electricity goal by 2035, Granholm said “With all this electrification, we could slash our net crude oil imports by almost 60%, and that strengthens energy security.”

Granholm, who appeared with Vice President Kamala Harris also said Harris "has been amazing inside the White House as the champion for clean energy."

One of the most common critiques of Biden’s green agenda is that it has thus far achieved the opposite of energy security. Regulators claimed in May that more than 66% of the country is vulnerable to summer blackouts because of “new environmental rules” cracking down on fossil fuels.

The regulators explained that the government is causing a spike in energy demand at a pace faster than renewables can match.

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/energy/granholm-claims-wiping-out-60-oil-imports-will-help-not-harm-energy-security
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Jennifer Granholm needs her head examined.  She is a liberal mental midget.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

What a f**king idiot.

Offline Hoodat

In a speech to a Seattle crowd Wednesday, Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm made the claim that lower oil imports improves U.S. energy security.

If you really believe this, then why aren't you ramping up US production to replace those imports?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

If you really believe this, then why aren't you ramping up US production to replace those imports?
I'm a geologist in Northwest Texas.  Let me give you an example of the state of the oil business here.  Even though oil prices are close to $80 a barrel and gas is basically being given away at around $2 an MCF, there is little to no activity here.  I'm currently the only geologist with pretty much any activity within 15 counties.  The older guys that owned drilling rigs are retiring and the rigs are being cut up for scrap, the older geologists are pretty much retired and there aren't any younger ones to replace them.  The service companies, cementers, acidizers, perforators, fraccing companies are leaving the area or are just closing down.  It's extremely difficult to get investors in projects, since even they see the handwriting on the wall for the future of the business.  Even our state oil/gas regulators have started going after producers for the most minor things and this undoubtedly will get worse.

Things are still going strong for the majors in the Midland Basin, but the small producer is on the way out.  Pretty sad.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This is actually scary. IMO we're on the edge of a disaster with CoL. Just saw they are selling heads of lettuce for $7 in toronto.

Offline Hoodat

This is actually scary. IMO we're on the edge of a disaster with CoL. Just saw they are selling heads of lettuce for $7 in toronto.

Let them eat arugula.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm a geologist in Northwest Texas.  Let me give you an example of the state of the oil business here.  Even though oil prices are close to $80 a barrel and gas is basically being given away at around $2 an MCF, there is little to no activity here.  I'm currently the only geologist with pretty much any activity within 15 counties.  The older guys that owned drilling rigs are retiring and the rigs are being cut up for scrap, the older geologists are pretty much retired and there aren't any younger ones to replace them.  The service companies, cementers, acidizers, perforators, fraccing companies are leaving the area or are just closing down.  It's extremely difficult to get investors in projects, since even they see the handwriting on the wall for the future of the business.  Even our state oil/gas regulators have started going after producers for the most minor things and this undoubtedly will get worse.

Things are still going strong for the majors in the Midland Basin, but the small producer is on the way out.  Pretty sad.
We're still seeing fairly steady development work in the Bakken/Three Forks play up here, and there have been a couple of wells probing the northern part of the Williston Basin on the American side, but there's a lot of oil deeper than the Mississippian, here. Problem is, though, it has been over 20 years since anyone has drilled for it. I am one of the few geologists still working up here who has seen that, most of the others are retired or dead. Same with the Company Hands who knew how to get those wells to TD. It is sad, and the next batch of deep wells will have to do collision avoidance to dodge the miles of horizontal production pipe down there.

I know of a great gas/condensate play (in another State, untapped), but that won't happen with this Administration at the helm.  As fast as land can be "protected" from drilling a hole in it, it is, and Federal Leasing is at an all time slow, add in the new offshore restrictions, and these people aren't dumb in DC, they are just not. on. our. side.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Because they are trying to cripple the country, not save it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Jennifer Granholm needs her head examined.  She is a liberal mental midget.
In an administration full of morons, she's near the top of the heap.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
She is not stupid. She knows exactly what she is doing. The Climate Change religion has become Luddite. They want America to fall back in technology and living standards to the 1800s, only without being able to burn wood.

Biden Admin has deliberately shut down almost all domestic production of energy, and has drained and sold America's oil reserves to China. Now, they want to shutdown any import of energy. Any fool can clearly see what they are doing. Obviously, they are attempting to bankrupt America in terms of any energy source at all.

They want Americans stuck at home and starving. You will be stuck at home because gas is unaffordable, and starving because of their war on farming and the war on diesel for truck drivers.

When the Liberal Democrats said they want to make America more like the rest of the world, this is what they meant. Empty stores and only wealthy people driving. AND, it is no coincidence that this is happening exactly as Winter is approaching. We will all be freezing this winter, or broke from paying crazy prices to keep warm.

This is perfect for the Climate Change Cult. This is exactly what they have been praying for.

Nope. Not stupid, or retarded, or a moron. All of this is carefully calculated and planned. They know exactly what they are doing. And in their twisted minds, they love it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She is not stupid. She knows exactly what she is doing. The Climate Change religion has become Luddite. They want America to fall back in technology and living standards to the 1800s, only without being able to burn wood.

Biden Admin has deliberately shut down almost all domestic production of energy, and has drained and sold America's oil reserves to China. Now, they want to shutdown any import of energy. Any fool can clearly see what they are doing. Obviously, they are attempting to bankrupt America in terms of any energy source at all.

They want Americans stuck at home and starving. You will be stuck at home because gas is unaffordable, and starving because of their war on farming and the war on diesel for truck drivers.

When the Liberal Democrats said they want to make America more like the rest of the world, this is what they meant. Empty stores and only wealthy people driving. AND, it is no coincidence that this is happening exactly as Winter is approaching. We will all be freezing this winter, or broke from paying crazy prices to keep warm.

This is perfect for the Climate Change Cult. This is exactly what they have been praying for.

Nope. Not stupid, or retarded, or a moron. All of this is carefully calculated and planned. They know exactly what they are doing. And in their twisted minds, they love it.

Absolutely spot on.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Inflation, out of control crime across the nation, war on farmers, war on energy, sending money we do not have to Ukraine, normalization of pedophilia, all of this is still better than Trump! Thank God Trump did not get reelected!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Because they are trying to cripple the country, not save it.

@Smokin Joe

The goal,as it was in Soviet Russia,is to make all the peons live in government buildings near where they are assigned to work so they can ride busses,bicycle,or walk back and forth to work. Travel outside of town will be by permission only,and they will need to apply for and receive a travel permit to even ride a bus to the next town.

This leaves all the former resort areas open for the ruling classes to enjoy life without having to deal with the traffic,noise,and clutter created by the serving classes.

Plus,it keeps the servant classes from getting any close-up views of the mansions owned by the ruling classes.

There will also be resort areas for upper-level peon management people to enjoy themselves in during their annual vacation times. This will give them a SLIGHT glimpse of how the ruling classes live,and the desire to do anything they have to do to get promoted to ruling class.

Nothing new about this. The Soviets had this system going back in the late 30's.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!