Author Topic: The Fired Ukrainian Prosecutor General Speaks  (Read 223 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Fired Ukrainian Prosecutor General Speaks
« on: August 27, 2023, 12:20:07 pm »
POWERLINE  by Elizabeth Stauffer 8/26/2023

The Fired Ukrainian Prosecutor General Speaks

We’ve all seen the clip a thousand times. Speaking to a group of foreign policy experts at a 2018 Council on Foreign Relations event, President Joe Biden boasted that he threatened to hold back $1 billion of U.S. aid unless then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko fired Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin, who was investigating corruption inside energy company Burisma Holdings. Shokin’s office was also looking into the activities of Ukrainian oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky, the company’s founder and then-owner. At the time, Hunter Biden was earning a cool million dollars per year to sit on Burisma’s board of directors.

Zlochevsky, according to allegations made in June 2020 by a highly-credible FBI confidential human source in an unclassified FD-1023 document, was said to have offered $5 million each to Joe Biden and Hunter Biden to get Shokin fired.

Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade sat down for an interview with Shokin this week which is set to air on Saturday night at 8 p.m. Shokin told Kilmeade it is his “‘firm personal conviction’ that he was fired because then-Vice President Biden and Hunter were bribed.”

He also claimed he’d been poisoned twice and Kilmeade reported his team had been able to track down the medical records to prove it.

Fox published several excerpts from Shokin’s remarks on Friday:

I have said repeatedly in my previous interviews that Poroshenko fired me at the insistence of the then-Vice President Biden because I was investigating Burisma.

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/08/the-fired-ukrainian-prosecutor-general-speaks.php