Author Topic: China’s Import of Chipmaking Equipment Hits Record High Amid Looming Taiwan Conflict  (Read 647 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by  Vijeta Uniyal 8/26/2023

China’s Import of Chipmaking Equipment Hits Record High Amid Looming Taiwan Conflict

Financial Times UK: “China’s imports of semiconductor equipment have surged to record highs.”

Despite U.S. sanctions, China is building up its chipmaking capabilities at breakneck speed by importing manufacturing equipment at a record pace. “China’s imports of semiconductor equipment have surged to record highs,” the UK daily Financial Times reported Friday as China increases naval and military buildup around Taiwan.

Beijing is upgrading its chip manufacturing capabilities as it restricts the U.S. from procuring raw material needed for cutting-edge microchips. Last month, China banned the export of critical minerals used in high-performance chips, particularly those needed in the production of defense systems. “China set export restrictions on two minerals the U.S. says are critical to the production of semiconductors, missile systems and solar cells,” The Wall Street Journal reported July 4.

The Financial Times reported:

China’s imports of semiconductor equipment have surged to record highs ahead of the implementation of export curbs by US allies.

Chinese customs data shows the country’s chip production tool imports in June and July totalled nearly $5bn, up 70 per cent from $2.9bn in the same period last year.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/08/chinas-import-of-chipmaking-equipment-hits-record-high-amid-looming-taiwan-conflict/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Looks like the Commie Masters in China are all for capitalism,as long as they are the only ones that profit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Looks like the Commie Masters in China are all for capitalism,as long as they are the only ones that profit.
Looks like once again China has a game plan, with all the equipment they are buying and then taking Taiwan they will have the world by the shorthairs as far as chips.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Looks like once again China has a game plan, with all the equipment they are buying and then taking Taiwan they will have the world by the shorthairs as far as chips.
If they can roll their own chips, they don't need to worry about taking Taiwan, just denying us that supply.

As far as the US not producing chips--or the minerals critical to making the, this is a self inflicted wound. Thank an enviro weenie next time you see one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

Given how horrible everything is made in China,  I imagine the Chips are not going to be good.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Given how horrible everything is made in China,  I imagine the Chips are not going to be good.
I would be very leery of any chips China might export, of course a democrat administration would probably snap them up for our military.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I would be very leery of any chips China might export, of course a democrat administration would probably snap them up for our military.

@GtHawk

I am  NOT trying to "Be snarky wid it",but HTH would you have any idea of where a chip came from unless the chip was all you bought?

And even if you could find out,WTH can you,I,or anyone else do about it if the US government doesn't give a damn?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 06:59:51 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!