Author Topic: Brooklyn DA Eric Gonzalez axed staffer for ‘time card inconsistencies’ after he blew whistle  (Read 295 times)

Offline Kamaji

Brooklyn DA Eric Gonzalez axed staffer for ‘time card inconsistencies’ after he blew whistle on alleged ‘blatant misconduct’: suit

By Susan Edelman and
Hella Winston   
August 26, 2023

A former special counsel to Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez was axed because he blew “the whistle on blatant unconstitutional misconduct” by prosecutors in the office, he claims in a new lawsuit against his former boss.

Kamephis (Kam) Perez, who began his tenure with the Brooklyn DA in 2019 by advising Gonzalez on immigration issues, claims the DA fired him after he raised concerns that the office withheld exculpatory evidence from two defendants who wound up in prison.

One was convicted on charges of burglary as a sexually-motivated felony and attempted rape. The other was found guilty of menacing and attempted murder.

“When I ran across evidence within the Kings County DA that suggested there could be two innocent men sitting in prison, I reported it to my superiors because it was my moral and ethical obligation to do so. I was devastated to learn that action would cost me my job,” Perez told The Post.

Perez, 40, who immigrated to the US from the Dominican Republic as a child, previously worked as a lawyer at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and is a professional actor who has appeared in TV series The Blacklist (2013), By Any Means (2017), and Ramy (2019).

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/26/brooklyn-da-axes-staffer-who-blew-whistle-on-misconductsuit/

Offline Kamaji

NYC DAs are so corrupt; the question isn't whether any given one is or isn't corrupt, the question is just how corrupt is he/she, and in what areas is the corruption the worst.