Author Topic: California judge denies Eastman request to postpone disbarment litigation  (Read 393 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 California judge denies Eastman request to postpone disbarment litigation
by Nick Robertson - 08/26/23 7:59 AM ET

Former attorney to former President Trump, John Eastman cannot postpone his California disbarment trial, a judge ruled Friday.

Eastman argued that his status as an unindicted co-conspirator in the federal election fraud case against Trump, and as a defendant in the sweeping Georgia election fraud racketeering case would complicate the disbarment hearing, as he could possibly incriminate himself.

The California bar is seeking to revoke Eastman’s law license for his alleged work spreading election fraud conspiracies and encouraging Georgia politicians to create a fraudulent alternate slate of Electoral College votes.

Judge Yvette Roland ruled that Eastman can’t get out of the disbarment, however, because he’s already started the proceedings. He sat for an eight-hour interview earlier in the trial and chose not to invoke his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination when discussing matters which are now part of criminal cases.

“It is firmly established that a witness cannot choose to testify willingly about a topic during a single legal proceeding and then later claim the right to remain silent under self-incrimination privilege when asked about specific subjects,” Roland wrote.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4172581-california-judge-denies-eastman-request-to-postpone-disbarment-litigation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Lawfare bastards!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien