Author Topic: This critical retailer could be on its way to bankruptcy  (Read 747 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This critical retailer could be on its way to bankruptcy
« on: August 26, 2023, 11:36:10 am »
This critical retailer could be on its way to bankruptcy
Story by Todd Campbell •
12h

It’s disappointing when beloved retail chains shut their doors forever. Shoppers enjoy visiting the same stores weekly, and it’s saddening when beloved retail chains like Bed Bath & Beyond or Christmas Tree Shops are forced to close their doors forever.

Fortunately, while these store closures are disruptive, consumers can quickly shift their spending to other retailers. But that’s not always true.

Sometimes, a retailer that serves an essential purpose is forced to declare bankruptcy protection. When that happens, shoppers can be left in the lurch, uncertain where to turn to get the needed items.

A dire situation is unfolding for this key retailer
Rite Aid  (RAD) - Get Free Report is a retail store on the front lines of providing critical healthcare services to millions of Americans. Its 2,300 retail stores sell essential daily healthcare necessities from toothpaste to aspirin, and its pharmacies provide necessary medicines to many people who live within the 17 states in which its stores operate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/this-critical-retailer-could-be-on-its-way-to-bankruptcy/ar-AA1fN6jO?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=5bc086afb0c042419e103db49275d26b&ei=26
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: This critical retailer could be on its way to bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 12:49:11 pm »
there were two Rite Aids in a 10 mile radius from me.

Both are now Walgreens, but this happened during the pandemic/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 04:27:35 pm »
What's a Rite Aid? I stopped going to them the day after they stopped being Thrifty's (which I had a good opinion of), the products they carried, quality and increased prices made them a no go. With Walgreens and CVS's every two or three miles, seemingly, I could get the same experience elsewhere. And if there was a Walmart nearby...cheaper. If people are dependent on a Rite Aid for their medications, cheap goods and alcohol :shrug: sorry, but that's the nature of business and apparently there aren't a lot of people that still shop at the place.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023, 04:39:02 pm »
I visited one out west a few months ago, and had heck self checking out, and no clerk was available for questions.

Left the stuff on the counter, and went and found a Walgreens.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 04:50:16 pm »
Rite-Aid has been careening towards bankruptcy for over 20 years.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2023, 05:24:08 pm »
Back in the 80's there were about ten regional dug chains that were very successful and community based with loyal followings.  Names I remeber were; Jack Eckerd (Tampa'St. Pete HQ)  Big B. Drugs (birmingham HQ) Revco BFE Ohio HQ) Gray Drug (also Ohio HQ) K7B Drug in (NOLA) and a few more up north I never called on.  But then came the mergers and buy-outs and we are left with the shit show caused by among others CVS and Rite-aid.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2023, 05:26:39 pm »
I visited one out west a few months ago, and had heck self checking out, and no clerk was available for questions.

Left the stuff on the counter, and went and found a Walgreens.

CVS doesn't have clerks, either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2023, 05:39:12 pm »
Back in the 80's there were about ten regional dug chains that were very successful and community based with loyal followings.  Names I remeber were; Jack Eckerd (Tampa'St. Pete HQ)  Big B. Drugs (birmingham HQ) Revco BFE Ohio HQ) Gray Drug (also Ohio HQ) K7B Drug in (NOLA) and a few more up north I never called on.  But then came the mergers and buy-outs and we are left with the shit show caused by among others CVS and Rite-aid.

Sadly, our locally famous Butt Drugs is also closing soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYYdF0zcuSI
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2023, 06:35:10 pm »
Sadly, our locally famous Butt Drugs is also closing soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYYdF0zcuSI
:pondering: Butt drugs? Sounds like a highly specialized retailer.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2023, 07:01:01 pm »

:silly:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2023, 05:24:19 am »
A niche market?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis