Author Topic: Man charged with DUI in children’s Power Wheels Jeep  (Read 966 times)

Offline Kamaji

Man charged with DUI in children’s Power Wheels Jeep
« on: August 25, 2023, 07:10:37 pm »
Man charged with DUI in children’s Power Wheels Jeep

By Yaron Steinbuch
August 25, 2023

Indiana troopers aren’t playing.

An Indiana man was arrested for driving under the influence Wednesday night after being pulled over in a kids’ Power Wheels Jeep, police said.

A state trooper was patrolling on North Second Street about 9 p.m. when he observed the toy car on the road with “no lights or reflectors and was difficult to see,” officials said in a release.

The trooper pulled the toy car over and noticed that the driver, John McKee, 51, of Vincennes, “displayed signs of impairment,” according to cops.

McKee failed a field sobriety test and was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital, where it was determined that he was under the influence of methamphetamine and marijuana.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/25/ind-man-charged-with-driving-under-the-influence-in-toy-jeep/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Man charged with DUI in children’s Power Wheels Jeep
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 07:10:43 pm »
:mauslaff:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 07:13:54 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 07:39:46 pm »
Don't look at me... if it was a redneck, that would have been a garden tractor.  :whistle:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 07:45:16 pm »
McKee failed a field sobriety test and was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital, where it was determined that he was under the influence of methamphetamine and marijuana.

Pot smokers will be quick to point out he wasn't speeding.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 07:49:33 pm »
Don't look at me... if it was a redneck, that would have been a garden tractor.  :whistle:
:yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 09:45:28 pm »
THAT has to be embarrassing when the other inmates ask "Wadda ya in for?".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 09:47:05 pm »

@roamer_1

Didn't country singer George Jones get busted for driving a lawnmower on the highway while drunk?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 10:11:55 pm »
I knew a guy that used drive a small tractor down the borrow pit to go to the local bar. As long as he wasn't actually on the road there was no law against it. Really small town that hosted a small grocery store, the co-op, a bar, and a worm stand.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 11:35:33 pm »
THAT has to be embarrassing when the other inmates ask "Wadda ya in for?".
At least it wasn't a Barbie car. :shrug:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2023, 01:49:26 am »
@roamer_1

Didn't country singer George Jones get busted for driving a lawnmower on the highway while drunk?

@sneakypete

I dunno, but I wouldn't doubt it... It's pretty common among country folks that get a DUI revocation...  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2023, 01:51:55 am »
I knew a guy that used drive a small tractor down the borrow pit to go to the local bar. As long as he wasn't actually on the road there was no law against it. Really small town that hosted a small grocery store, the co-op, a bar, and a worm stand.

Every town's got one. A good friend, now long gone, used his horse... he could be stumblin drunk... because the horse knew the way home...  :laugh:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2023, 02:25:03 am »

Guy was obviously a townie...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2023, 02:27:02 am »
@roamer_1

Yep. He used to sneak out that way to buy liquor and hide it from his wife.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2023, 02:40:52 am »
Guy was obviously a townie...

Technically though... garden tractors are getting hard to find... Though yeah townie... that electric battery is only good for a block or two... Ain't getting out of town with that :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2023, 04:07:21 am »
Every town's got one. A good friend, now long gone, used his horse... he could be stumblin drunk... because the horse knew the way home...  :laugh:
A friend of mine got a DUI on a mule.
He told the Judge the mule was sober, and it knew how to get home.
Unfortunately, the judge would not accept that. :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2023, 05:53:12 am »
A friend of mine got a DUI on a mule.
He told the Judge the mule was sober, and it knew how to get home.
Unfortunately, the judge would not accept that. :shrug:

This one was out at the Hilltop, which, to this day still has hitching posts... The horse had to get across the highway, travel less than a quarter mile in the ditch, and then peel off onto a trail.  the rest of the way , nearly 5 miles, was all trail, going up into the holler. He never got caught. after his DL was suspended.

Come to think of it, he came into town in his hay truck once in a while- I saw him at the elevators and the ranch store... shortly after that time period... maybe during... I wonder if he had his license back...

Not that it matters. cops never stop a 2 1/2T hay truck anyway.  :shrug: