Author Topic: Alice Cooper canceled by cosmetics firm after opposing trans surgeries for kids  (Read 615 times)

Offline Kamaji

Alice Cooper canceled by cosmetics firm after opposing trans surgeries for kids

By Ariel Zilber
August 25, 2023

Alice Cooper, the eye-liner wearing “Godfather of Shock Rock,” was dumped by a cosmetics company after the singer questioned the rush to perform trans surgeries on kids and said that transitioning genders was a “fad.”

The 75-year-old rock legend, whose hits include “School’s Out” and “Welcome to My Nightmare,” had signed the brand partnership deal less than two weeks ago with Vampyre Cosmetics — which markets spooky and gothic-themed makeup, lipsticks, palettes and lashes.

However, Cooper was canceled by the company after he expressed opposition to “gender affirming care” for minors — which entails irreversible surgeries and hormonal treatments to facilitate the transition to the opposite sex — in an interview with the site Stereogum.

“I’m understanding that there are cases of transgender, but I’m afraid that it’s also a fad, and I’m afraid there’s a lot of people claiming to be this just because they want to be that,” the Detroit native, whose real name is Vincent Damon Furnier, told the site Wednesday.

“I find it wrong when you’ve got a 6-year-old kid who has no idea,” he said, adding: “He just wants to play, and you’re confusing him telling him, ‘Yeah, you’re a boy, but you could be a girl if you want to be.’”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/25/alice-cooper-dumped-by-cosmetics-company-over-trans-comments/

Offline Kamaji

Kind of Vampyre Cosmetics to out themselves as Dr. Mengele style groomers.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
lol....

AC has residuals of music he's made since 1969, and I know he is a pretty damned principled.  I seriously doubt this silly woke shit is going to bother him or his financial standing
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

lol....

AC has residuals of music he's made since 1969, and I know he is a pretty damned principled.  I seriously doubt this silly woke shit is going to bother him or his financial standing

He's still doing concerts here in Arizona and is very popular. He's got a lot going on. I very much doubt he's cancelable.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
He's still doing concerts here in Arizona and is very popular. He's got a lot going on. I very much doubt he's cancelable.

Absolutely.  In his life he has fought off predatory record companies, brutally biased and corrupt rock critics, earth shaking band lineup shakeups, and almost life ending alcoholism.

This silly woke company is like a pesky gnat versus what he has dealt with in his real life.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
lol....

He's a cool guy to boot!  Whenever he's in town for concerts, he likes to stop at local convenience stores for snacks and drinks.

A buddy of mine ran into "Alice" at a 7-11 in Nashville last summer and took a selfie with him...very gracious and completely normal when he's not in make-up and on stage.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

His evening livestreams are cool too!

https://nightswithalicecooper.com/
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline catfish1957

His evening livestreams are cool too!

https://nightswithalicecooper.com/

:beer:

I figured I was about the only one here watching these P-Casts.  Think I need to do a AC album review in honor of this thread.   Previously have only done Billion Dollar Babies, Killer, and Love it To Death.  Schools Out or Welcome to My Nightmare might be good candidates.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Come on. This is the same guy who wrote a song called "Only Women Bleed." It's not like he's the one who has changed his stance in the past 50 years.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

We had the pleasure of seeing him in concert locally - we had very close seats.

He was very talented and gave an awesome concert. He's a showman and musician.

I've seen interviews with him, he seems pretty much on the conservative side, though from his performance with all the make-up and props, you wouldn't think so.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Come on. This is the same guy who wrote a song called "Only Women Bleed." It's not like he's the one who has changed his stance in the past 50 years.

It was about domestic abuse.  But still, I do find the irony that these trannys beat the shit out of real women on a regular basis in sports and in their relationships.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

It was about domestic abuse.  But still, I do find the irony that these trannys beat the shit out of real women on a regular basis in sports and in their relationships.

I love the fact that old time rockers like AC, Nugent, Gene Simmons, among others have enough classic rock residuals and enough cash to give a big fat FU and finger to the cancel culture crowd.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Kind of Vampyre Cosmetics to out themselves as Dr. Mengele style groomers.

@Kamaji

Yup!

Has anyone announced a boycott of Vampyre Cosmetics yet?

If not,it's coming,and  Alice Cooper would make  FINE spokesman for the boycott.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I love the fact that old time rockers like AC, Nugent, Gene Simmons, among others have enough classic rock residuals and enough cash to give a big fat FU and finger to the cancel culture crowd.

Yeah remember how well those demands to cancel Joe whatshisname's pod cast from Spotiphy worked out!  It was nice that we didn't have to suffer Neil Young for a few weeks anyway...well until he caved.  A southern man don't need him around anyway.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.