Author Topic: Yale students welcomed to campus by ominous Grim Reaper crime survival guides: ‘Good luck’  (Read 321 times)

Online Kamaji

Yale students welcomed to campus by ominous Grim Reaper crime survival guides: ‘Good luck’

By Emily Crane
August 25, 2023

Yale University’s police union has sparked outrage by giving hundreds of incoming students ominous “survival guide” flyers branded with the Grim Reaper — warning them about “shockingly high” crime around the Ivy League campus.

The bold flyers, which were doled out to first-year students this week as they moved into their New Haven, Connecticut dorms, are nearly identical to the controversial “Welcome to Fear City” notices distributed to tourists in a crime-ridden Big Apple in the 1970s.

“Good luck,” the Yale flyer warned, alongside an image of a skulled Grim Reaper also used in the notorious New York pamphlets.

“The incidence of crime and violence in New Haven is shockingly high, and it is getting worse,” the Yale police union handout warned.

“During the seven-month period ending in July 23, 2023, murders have doubled, burglaries are up 33% and motor vehicle thefts are up 56%.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/25/yale-students-get-ominous-grim-reaper-crime-survival-flyers/

Online Kamaji

And of course, like good little liberal sheep, they're more outraged about having the truth spoken to them than they are about the politicians and policies that gave rise to that truth in the first place.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Could a student's parent have sued the University if something happened to a student, and the school had NOT warned them?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

Could a student's parent have sued the University if something happened to a student, and the school had NOT warned them?

Potentially.