Author Topic: Biden admin's latest home appliance crackdown: ceiling fans  (Read 895 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden admin's latest home appliance crackdown: ceiling fans
« on: August 25, 2023, 05:15:50 pm »
The Biden Admin Is Going After Another Common Household Item in the Name of Climate Change

Spencer Brown
August 25, 2023 10:15 AM

After attempts to ban gas stoves burned such proposals' Democrat proponents and proposed new federal vehicle efficiency standards seek to force costs even higher, the Biden administration is now going after (drumroll please) ceiling fans. Republicans in the House of Representatives, however, are not fans of the proposal due to the impact it looks to have on America's small businesses.

In a new letter to the U.S. Department of Energy and its leader Secretary Jennifer Granholm, members of the House Small Business Committee pointed out the problems with the latest policy in the Biden administration's supposedly "green" energy crusade that's anything but.

"This proposed rule would decrease the maximum estimated energy consumption permissible for large diameter and belt driven ceiling fans," the letter from House Small Business Committee Chairman Roger Williams (R-TX) and Reps. Beth Van Duyne (R-TX), Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL), Jake Ellzey (R-TX), and Aaron Bean (R-FL) explains.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/08/25/biden-administration-climate-police-are-now-coming-after-yourceiling-fan-n2627533
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Stupid beyond belief.  Here in AZ ceiling fans are a must-have!  The added circulation saves a LOT on A/C!

I have five, with at least one more planned.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 07:49:58 pm »
on August 25, 2023 1:00pm EDT
Department of Energy wants ceiling fans to be more energy efficient

By Breck Dumas FOXBusiness

Ceiling fans are now the latest target in the Biden administration's green agenda, sparking pushback from Republicans and manufacturers.

The Department of Energy is proposing a rule that would require ceiling fans to be more energy efficient, arguing the move would save U.S. households on energy costs.

According to the Energy Department's analysis, the new rules would save households about $39 over the lifespan of the new energy-efficient fan. However, the cost to manufacturers associated with the increased equipment will total $86.6 million per year, the department said.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/biden-admins-latest-home-appliance-crackdown-ceiling-fans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Biden admin's latest home appliance crackdown: ceiling fans
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 07:52:24 pm »
All this crap started when the government got a hold of your tailpipe (on your car) and said what kind of fuel you had to use.

Then they said how many gallons your toilet could flush...

Now there seems to be no limit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 07:57:59 pm »
Sometimes a ceiling fan is enough, so that one need not turn on the air conditioning. Is this so hard for them to grasp? Ceiling fans actually save on electricity usage.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 08:01:35 pm »
All this crap started when the government got a hold of your tailpipe (on your car) and said what kind of fuel you had to use.

The government is operating FAR outside the bounds of its charter and has been for a long time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 08:25:24 pm »
I'm all for more efficient appliances, made in America.

I am not for efficiency standards that put American manufacturers at a disadvantage to foreign importers and manufacturers.

I use ceiling fans in my house to reduce the cost of heating and air conditioning.  If I didn't use them, I might use more electricity and more home heating oil.

The Green Communist Movement's real agenda is to deconstruct Western economies to advantage China.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 08:54:02 pm »
You can pry my probably-inefficient-but highly-effective ceiling fans from my intermittently abruptly blazing hot hands.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 09:01:29 pm »
In my books my ceiling fans are energy efficient as is my AC, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, toilets, washing machine, dryer, microwave, car, computer, big screen TV, cellphone, treadmill, electric can opener, freezer, lamps, and bque grill.

Leave me the bleep alone!!!!!

The only thing in my life that isn't energy efficient is my government.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2023, 09:49:01 pm »
In my books my ceiling fans are energy efficient as is my AC, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, toilets, washing machine, dryer, microwave, car, computer, big screen TV, cellphone, treadmill, electric can opener, freezer, lamps, and bque grill.
This administration would happily take every one of those items away from you.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2023, 09:59:06 pm »
You can pry my probably-inefficient-but highly-effective ceiling fans from my intermittently abruptly blazing hot hands.

You ain’t kidding!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2023, 10:32:52 pm »
Biden Administration’s Green Energy Standards for Ceiling Fans Could Put 30% of Manufacturers Out of Business

Elaine Mallon 26 Aug 2023

First it was gas stoves, then water heaters, and now the Biden administration is coming after ceiling fans in its quest for “energy efficient” and “environmentally friendly” household appliances.

The Department of Energy released new guidelines for ceiling fans, which the agency says will save households $39 over the lifespan of each ceiling fan in their home, but it will cost manufacturers $86.6 million a year, Fox Business reported. These new green fans are expected to cost consumers $10 more than traditional models.

The agency argues that fans complying to these new standards set by Congress will cut electricity costs to operate each fan in a home by 40%.

“These proposed standards, which are required by Congress, wouldn’t take effect until 2028, would give Americans more energy efficient options to choose from, and would save hardworking taxpayers up to $369 million per year, while substantially reducing harmful air pollution — a crucial fact that some have conveniently failed to mention,” a DOE official told Fox News.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/26/biden-administrations-green-energy-standards-ceiling-fans-could-put-30-percent-manufacturers-out-business/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2023, 11:19:10 am »
FOXBusiness By Breck Dumas 8/25/2023

Department of Energy wants ceiling fans to be more energy efficient

Ceiling fans are now the latest target in the Biden administration's green agenda, sparking pushback from Republicans and manufacturers.

The Department of Energy is proposing a rule that would require ceiling fans to be more energy efficient, arguing the move would save U.S. households on energy costs.

According to the Energy Department's analysis, the new rules would save households about $39 over the lifespan of the new energy-efficient fan. However, the cost to manufacturers associated with the increased equipment will total $86.6 million per year, the department said.

More: https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/biden-admins-latest-home-appliance-crackdown-ceiling-fans

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2023, 10:14:21 pm »
Nonsense like this will not end from the left.

Until they are forced to do so.

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2023, 10:22:33 pm »

Nope.  It started with Wicker v. Filburn when the SCOTUS ruled that the Federal government could forbid a farmer from growing wheat to feed his own family in violation of some quota scheme FDR had imposed because feeding your own family with food you grew "affected interstate commerce" because you didn't need to buy the same food from someone who might be in another state, since the market in food is (inter)national.

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2023, 10:27:53 pm »
More on ceiling fans.  Seems a group of do-gooders want to have the product safety commission mandate a new warning label for them.  Evidently, a number of stupid people are tossing their infants in the air under the fans and the little tykes are getting hurt when the fan blades strike them.

You can't fix stupid even with a warning label.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2023, 10:45:50 pm »
Radical Communist Control over the Masses is the ultimate goal of the Globalists.

What a TRULY "wonderful world" it will be when everyone BUT the ruling classes live and sleep in barracks,have curfew times,and eat in messhalls. Lights will go out at 10 PM and everyone will be in bed and sleeping my 11 PM so they can get up early in the morning and work to provide comfort and luxury for their masters.

As in Communist Russia,anyone wishing to travel to the next town to visit a relative,go to a funeral,etc,etc,etc,will be REQUIRED to go to the local travel office and get a travel permit when shows every stop to be made by the bus or train (peasants don't fly),how long the stop will be,and who will and who will not be allowed to get off to go to the rest room,stretch their legs,buy  a snack,etc,etc,etc.

This leaves the roads wide open for military vehicles,delivery trucks,and the Ferrari's of the leadership classes.

Lenin's corpse in Red Square will have multiple orgasms when this is accomplished.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2023, 11:57:52 pm »
Nope.  It started with Wicker v. Filburn when the SCOTUS ruled that the Federal government could forbid a farmer from growing wheat to feed his own family in violation of some quota scheme FDR had imposed because feeding your own family with food you grew "affected interstate commerce" because you didn't need to buy the same food from someone who might be in another state, since the market in food is (inter)national.
@The_Reader_David

That is absolutely correct - and a great number of otherwise well-informed people are not aware of the enormous impact that single Commerce Clause interpretive decision during FDR's New Deal has had on their lives and the lives of American citizens over the past 80 years, most directly in justifying and expanding the reach of the Federal government into private economic activity.

Wickard v. Filburn

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2023, 12:03:57 am »
More on ceiling fans.  Seems a group of do-gooders want to have the product safety commission mandate a new warning label for them.  Evidently, a number of stupid people are tossing their infants in the air under the fans and the little tykes are getting hurt when the fan blades strike them.

You can't fix stupid even with a warning label.

Good Lord -- how stupid is right.  Nope, and you can't drink stupid smart!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2023, 12:04:25 am »
The only thing in my life that isn't energy efficient is my government.

Now THAT is a bumper sticker, right there  pointing-up ...  :beer:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2023, 12:07:55 am »
Evidently, a number of stupid people are tossing their infants in the air under the fans and the little tykes are getting hurt when the fan blades strike them.

So that's bad then? Well, that explains a lot.  :whistle: