Author Topic: Chicago sues automakers over cars being stolen  (Read 440 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago sues automakers over cars being stolen
« on: August 25, 2023, 04:29:54 pm »
Chicago sues automakers over cars being stolen
JAZZ SHAW 9:21 AM on August 25, 2023

For several years now, Chicago’s spiraling crime rates have featured a shocking increase in the number of vehicular thefts and carjackings. The Chicago Police Department recorded an increase in car thefts from 9,000 to 21,000 in just the past three years. Among the most popular cars to steal are Kias and Hyundais, possibly because they are the easiest to break into and drive away. In response, the city’s new anti-cop mayor, Brandon Johnson, has decided to finally do something about it. Will he be sending out the police to arrest the thieves and break up the criminal gang? Don’t be silly. Of course not. He’s filing a lawsuit against Kia and Hyundai, claiming that their cars are too easy to steal. (I only wish I was kidding about this.) The following is from our colleague Julio Rosas at Townhall.

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson (D) announced on Thursday the city is suing automakers Kia and Hyundai for “their failure to include industry-standard engine immobilizers in multiple models of their vehicles,” which according to the city, is the reason for the high rate of crimes involving cars.

“The impact of car theft on Chicago residents can be deeply destabilizing, particularly for low- to middle-income workers who have fewer options for getting to work and taking care of families. The failure of Kia and Hyundai to install basic auto-theft prevention technology in these models is sheer negligence, and as a result, a citywide and nationwide crime spree around automobile theft has been unfolding around our eyes,” Johnson said in a statement.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/08/25/chicago-sues-automakers-over-cars-being-stolen-n573614
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Chicago sues automakers over cars being stolen
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 04:31:05 pm »
 :3: :wtf: :bsflag: :banghead: twilight zonexxxx 10631
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 04:31:26 pm »
For the love of....
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 04:39:18 pm »
Stupid liberal nonsense.

Stopping crime (public safety) is supposed to be one of the core competencies of Government.

How long before Chicago is a bankrupt urban wasteland?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 04:43:41 pm »
So they are essentially walking into this admitting that  they are not making the effort to stop crime, and are demanding automakers build tanks to thwart the consequences of their lackadaisical policies.

That should work well.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 06:15:47 pm »
:facepalm2:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 09:30:02 pm »
RINO huffs:
"How long before Chicago is a bankrupt urban wasteland?"

Before...?

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 10:14:09 pm »
Soon to be suing the local stores for not locking up their merchandise well enough to prevent being looted...

The simple solution: leave the city and don't look back.