Author Topic: Big-City Officials Demanding Migrant ‘Solutions’ that Will Make Their Problems Worse  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Big-City Officials Demanding Migrant ‘Solutions’ that Will Make Their Problems Worse
The latest flash of brilliance from CBS News

By Andrew R. Arthur on August 23, 2023

An August 22 CBS News story, captioned “As cities struggle to house migrants, Biden administration resists proposals that officials say could help”, is the latest tendentious flash of brilliance from the once-great network on the complex and multifaceted migrant issue. It follows the network's recent one-sided excoriation of DHS for the death of an alien child in its custody (which my colleague Jon Feere dissected on August 18) and its celebration of the Biden administration’s “unprecedented use” of DHS’s limited parole power. One major issue this latest article fails to mention is how much worse those “proposals” would make the problems they purport to address, which should be glaring and obvious even to the uninformed.

Hot Out of the Gate. At least that article accurately frames those problems right out of the gate:

Officials in New York are assembling tent cities for those who can't be placed in a shelter system of more than 200 hotels and other facilities that is already housing 60,000 migrants and more than 50,000 homeless residents.

In Chicago, which is housing over 7,000 migrants, police stations and parks have been converted into makeshift shelters, and plans to house asylum-seekers in vacant schools have generated fervent local backlash. In cities like Sacramento and Denver, some migrants have found themselves on the brink of homelessness. In Boston and other parts of Massachusetts, the arrival of thousands of families and pregnant women seeking asylum prompted the state's governor to declare an emergency.

A perfect storm has brought the historic migration crisis along the U.S.-Mexico border to some of America's largest cities. The influx has strained city and state resources, prompting local Democratic leaders to openly criticize the Biden administration and testing the values of liberal enclaves that have historically welcomed migrants seeking sanctuary.

https://cis.org/Arthur/BigCity-Officials-Demanding-Migrant-Solutions-Will-Make-Their-Problems-Worse
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The "solution" is to:
- Finish the border barrier
- Staff it properly, and prevent new entries
- Identify illegals wherever they may be found
- Round 'em up
- Ship them back to their countries of origin (no matter where).