Author Topic: Naval Surface Forces get new commanding officer  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Naval Surface Forces get new commanding officer
« on: August 25, 2023, 03:33:03 pm »
Naval Surface Forces get new commanding officer
By Diana Stancy Correll
 Aug 23, 05:22 PM

Davids relieved Vice Adm. Roy Kitchener, who is retiring following 38-years of service in the Navy, during a ceremony Friday at Naval Base San Diego. Kitchener became the so-called SWO boss in August 2020.

Under Kitchener’s leadership, the service ushered in the Surface Manning Experience program, or SURFMEX, which aims to place sailors in the right jobs at the right times using an analytics-based approach for detailing. He also instituted a campaign for 75 surface ships to remain mission-capable at any time.

“Vice Admiral Kitchener led us through some impressive organizational changes, a global pandemic and forward deployed operations — all the while tirelessly advocating for you, the surface warrior, and your ships,” Davids said, according to a Navy news release. “My charge to you as we keep a steady strain on our jobs and initiatives: Take care of your people; conduct safe operations; and get ready to take to the fight when your command is called.”

https://www.defensenews.com/news/your-navy/2023/08/23/naval-surface-forces-get-new-commanding-officer/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Naval Surface Forces get new commanding officer
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 03:34:14 pm »
She isn't qualified to do didley squat!  She isn't a person of color. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson