Author Topic: “You just made a guy pee himself,” Dallas officers mock disabled vet after stopping him from using r  (Read 609 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“You just made a guy pee himself,” Dallas officers mock disabled vet after stopping him from using restroom
August 19, 2023

Source: City of Dallas

James Hartley
Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Dallas police are looking into a complaint made by a man after he said he was denied restroom access by two off-duty officers working security in Deep Ellum, Star-Telegram media partner WFAA reported.

The man said in the complaint that he was left with a disability that requires him to have emergency access to restrooms after he was injured and underwent surgery on his lower body while serving in Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq as an Army sergeant, WFAA reported. After the off-duty officers denied him access to the bathroom at Serious Pizza in Deep Ellum on June 10, the man called 911 for assistance but urinated on himself before more officers arrived, according to the complaint.

When two on-duty officers arrived after the man had already left, wearing their body cameras, they made jokes about him, according to WFAA. Video from the body-camera footage played for the Community Police Oversight Board on Aug. 8 showed the two on-duty police officers arrive and start making fun of the man.

https://popularmilitary.com/you-just-made-a-guy-pee-himself-dallas-officers-mock-disabled-vet-after-stopping-him-from-using-restroom/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson