Author Topic: Texas mom refuses to sign NDA to visit her child’s public school campus  (Read 469 times)

Offline Kamaji

Texas mom refuses to sign NDA to visit her child’s public school campus

By MaryAnn Martinez
August 24, 2023

In a move appearing in direct contravention of first amendment rights, a mother claims a public middle school in Texas tried to make her sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) in order to be on campus.

When Amber Longacre tried to visit Kitty Hawk Middle School Aug. 15 in the San Antonio area, the parent was approached by several school staffers who wanted her to sign an NDA — a legal document which prevents sensitive information from being shared — which is normally reserved for private employers who want to prevent leaks.

Longacre immediately became suspicious as to why a taxpayer-funded public building would curb free speech.

“There is no way to know how many parents signed the NDA without asking any questions,” Longacre told The Post in a statement.

“I shared my story because I want to encourage other parents to speak up when something seems off.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/24/texas-school-tried-to-force-mom-to-sign-nda-to-get-on-campus/

Offline Polly Ticks

Gee, that's not suspicious at all.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good on Ms. Longacre for bring this to the fore!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Give power to morons, and bad things happen.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just an administative clerical error.  No hidden agenda I'm sure.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Time to get the DOJ involved to investigate this dangerous parental unit!

Offline PeteS in CA

Gee, that's not suspicious at all.

IKR? A reflexive response should be, "Why? What are you hiding?!" Plus or minus a couple of situationally appropriate expletives.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
NDA's?

That flashed about 50 red warning signals. IMO

The parents as a group need to hire a tandem of an attorney and private investigator to find out what is going on in that school.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

NDA's?

That flashed about 50 red warning signals. IMO

The parents as a group need to hire a tandem of an attorney and private investigator to find out what is going on in that school.

:thumbsup:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Two things concern me here.  1) that the school demanded a NDA, 2) how easily an NDA was slipped into a signup sheet (by a bureaucrat) to visit a school in the first place.  "Ooopsie?"  Not buying that one at all.  Too many of those all over the place. 

ETA:  A surprise that the school backed down.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 07:19:10 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: