Author Topic: Riley Gaines jokes she’s quitting women’s sports activism after protesters chant ‘f–k you’ and ‘can’  (Read 703 times)

Offline Kamaji

Riley Gaines jokes she’s quitting women’s sports activism after protesters chant ‘f–k you’ and ‘can’t swim’: ‘Sike!’

By Patrick Reilly
August 24, 2023

https://twitter.com/Riley_Gaines_/status/1694368080967717107

Former collegiate swimmer-turned-activist Riley Gaines laughed off a group of foul-mouthed demonstrators protesting her appearance at a Milwaukee event before the GOP presidential debate on Wednesday,

The dozen or so protesters, some holding a large banner that read “Stop Trans Genocide,” repeatedly yelled “F–k you, Riley” on an otherwise quiet city sidewalk. They also chanted “Go home Riley” and “Can’t swim Riley,” a video Gaines posted on X, formerly known as Twitter, shows.

“Shiver me Timbers, I’m so scared!!!!!!!!” the former University of Kentucky swimmer wrote.

“The only things I’ve found protestors (sic) can say about me is 1) some variation of calling me a bigot 2) calling me ugly 3) telling me I should have just swam faster and trained harder if I wanted to win. But now we’ve unlocked ‘Go away’ and a sign that says ‘bye Riley.’” she added.

Gaines, who tied against controversial trans University of Pennsylvania swimmer Lia Thomas in the 2022 NCAA Championships, has since advocated against biological men competing in women’s sports.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/24/riley-gaines-laughs-off-protesters-who-yelled-f-k-you-and-cant-swim/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Can you imagine the outrage in the media and left, but I repeat myself, if people protested against Thomas with signs and chants saying he should have just trained harder an swum faster if he wanted to win...against other men?

Offline Kamaji

Can you imagine the outrage in the media and left, but I repeat myself, if people protested against Thomas with signs and chants saying he should have just trained harder an swum faster if he wanted to win...against other men?

:thumbsup:

Offline Polly Ticks

Excellent point.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Notice that this was Rat turd dump Milwaukee.

Try that in a small town, see how far you get down the road.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

The whole notion of "homophobia" or "transphobia" is pure absurdity. Who is AFRAID of these numbskulls?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The whole notion of "homophobia" or "transphobia" is pure absurdity. Who is AFRAID of these numbskulls?
The ones who are afraid are the ones who keep silent for fear of being turned against by people who claim to be friends.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The ones who are afraid are the ones who keep silent for fear of being turned against by people who claim to be friends.
If they turn against you over this, they aren't friends.
No loss, only a clarified illusion--the very thing that crowd has difficulty handling.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis