Author Topic: Biden's food stamp expansion linked to 15% jump in grocery prices, study says  (Read 453 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden's food stamp expansion linked to 15% jump in grocery prices, study says
'Overreach led to massive spikes in grocery prices,' expert told Fox News Digital
By Elizabeth Elkind Fox News
Published August 24, 2023 10:00am EDT

The Biden administration’s massive expansion of food stamp benefits is linked to at least a 15% rise in grocery prices, a new study said on Thursday.

President Biden’s Department of Agriculture rolled out revised nutritional standards for federal food benefits in 2021 that expanded the program by roughly 25% from pre-COVID pandemic levels.

Overall spending on the Supplemental Assistance Nutrition Program (SNAP) more than doubled between 2019 and 2022, according to findings from the Foundation for Government Accountability (FGA) previewed by Fox News Digital. It went from $4.5 billion in 2019 to $11 billion in 2022, the study said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-food-stamp-expansion-jump-grocery-prices-study
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline The_Reader_David

Of course.  More money chasing the same supply of goods.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Kamaji

Of course.  More money chasing the same supply of goods.

Yup.  Econ 101; something no democrat ever seems to have managed to pass.

Offline LMAO

Yup.  Econ 101; something no democrat ever seems to have managed to pass.

It’s not just Democrats :whistle:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

It’s not just Democrats :whistle:

True enough, but it is the case with just about every democrat; it's when a democrat starts to "get" Econ 101 that they typically stop being a democrat/liberal.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
15% is way understated.  I would venture that a line share of groceries are about 40-50% more expensive now versus when Pedo Joe first took office. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
All I know is it is disheartening to stand in a line with a hand basket of groceries along with what appears to be a migrant with two fully loaded carts and an EBT card.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley