Author Topic: CNN Legal Analyst ‘Perplexed’ by DOJ’s Corruption  (Read 236 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNN Legal Analyst ‘Perplexed’ by DOJ’s Corruption
« on: August 25, 2023, 12:06:44 am »
Powerline by Elizabeth Stauffer  8/23/2023

On Tuesday night, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich told Sean Hannity, “It’s ironic that Donald Trump’s being charged under RICO [Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act] when in fact, Joe Biden has been running an organized crime operation. I think if you watch The Sopranos, take out the murders … you’ll understand the Bidens.”

Of course, any sane person would draw a similar conclusion. But with the arrival of former President Donald Trump on the political scene in 2015, the legacy media abandoned the practice of real journalism and became the communications team for the Democratic Party.

But the revelations of the Justice Department’s flagrant abuses of power over the past month may have become too much for even the party’s most loyal hacks to defend. In a sign that the Left’s tolerance for the Biden administration’s corruption may have reached its high water mark, CNN senior legal analyst Elie Honig said he’s “perplexed” by the DOJ’s actions.

It’s really inexplicable to me. First, we had basically five years of behind-the-scenes investigation with no transparency, no action, and some questions being asked, what’s taken so long?

But in the last couple of months, we’ve seen a pattern here. … DOJ moves toward a very lenient disposition. They’re just about to lock in that lenient disposition, and then there arises pressure,  either through whistleblower testimony or through public scrutiny and then DOJ backs off and says, ‘Actually, we’re not going to do that since it’s been called out. We’re gonna try to up it a little bit.’ Then that happened again.

And then, they go all the way to appointing a special counsel, the same guy who’s been presiding over the case for five-plus years already.

I genuinely am perplexed by what DOJ’s doing here.

I think they’ve made a real mess for themselves and now they’re going to have to deal with the consequences of it.

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/08/cnn-legal-analyst-perplexed-by-dojs-corruption.php

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: CNN Legal Analyst ‘Perplexed’ by DOJ’s Corruption
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 12:13:37 am »

Gobsmacked! Flummoxed! Bamboozled! Befuddled! Discombobulated! Gee golly willickers how is this happening!
The Republic is lost.