Author Topic: Los Angeles sued after 'accidentally' releasing police profiles of more than 700 officers to anti-co  (Read 449 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Aug 23, 2023
Los Angeles sued after 'accidentally' releasing police profiles of more than 700 officers to anti-cop site
When the city fulfilled the request, it "incorrectly produced the complete roster of LAPD officers, including current undercover officers."

The Post Millennial
Aug 23, 2023

A lawsuit has been filed against the city of Los Angeles and the LA Police Department after the identities of hundreds of undercover officers were "negligently" released and ended up on anti-cop websites.

Over 300 of the impacted officers took legal action in April, alleging the city "incorrectly produced the complete roster of LAPD officers, including current undercover officers and officers with previous undercover assignments" when asked for information via two California Public Records Act requests.

"The City of Los Angeles' reckless production of the undercover officers' identities does irreparable damage to these individuals – their lives, careers and ongoing investigations are at risk," said Matthew McNicholas, partner at the firm representing 321 undercover LAPD officers whose information was leaked.

https://thepostmillennial.com/los-angeles-sued-after-accidentally-releasing-police-profiles-of-more-than-700-officers-to-anti-cop-site
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
"Accidentally," huh?  R-i-i-i-i-i-ght! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

including current undercover officers

:facepalm2:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Deputy City Attorney Hasmik Badalian Collins signed off on the release of headshots of all active-duty LAPD officers.

WTF?  At least make them go to court, and make them appeal 'til the sun don't shine.

The Police Unions should file Civil Suit against the City, and also see if the terms of the Police Collective Bargaining agreement was violated.

Future Standing Healines:

LA Police Staffing Shortage Gets Worse

LA Crime Wave Worsens During Police Staffing Shortage

Business And Residents Flee LA To Escape Crime

LA Tax Collections Decrease As Businesses And Residents Flee

LA Files For Bankruptcy As More Properties Are Abandoned

LA City Leaders Lament That No One Could Have Predicted The City's Collapse

LA City Leaders Hire Consulting Firm To Determine What Went Wrong

Draft Of Consultant's Report Blames City Leaders

City Leaders Withold Consultants' Payment Amid Report Despute

Consultants' Final Report Blames Republicans For LA's Failure

Republicans Point Out All City Leaders Are Dems

Dem Officials Request State Or Federal Bailout

Lather-Rinse-Repeat
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"Accidentally," huh?  R-i-i-i-i-i-ght! *****rollingeyes*****
It is the same with the Federal Government. Going 'undercover' in America today is futile. There are way too many anti-America personnel in all the departments everywhere in government. You would have to be a fool to trust government today with anything Secret or Confidential. But especially never put yourself in danger for them. Someone in the bureaucracy will betray you every time. Because Leftists always think they know better.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.