Author Topic: Feds sue Elon Musk’s SpaceX for allegedly shunning refugees, asylum seekers  (Read 684 times)

Offline Kamaji

Feds sue Elon Musk’s SpaceX for allegedly shunning refugees, asylum seekers

By Josh Christenson
August 24, 2023

The Biden administration sued Elon Musk-owned rocket and satellite company SpaceX on Thursday for allegedly discriminating against asylum seekers and refugees in hiring.

“The lawsuit alleges that, from at least September 2018 to May 2022, SpaceX routinely discouraged asylees and refugees from applying and refused to hire or consider them, because of their citizenship status, in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act,” the Justice Department said in a statement.

“In job postings and public statements over several years, SpaceX wrongly claimed that under federal regulations known as ‘export control laws,’ SpaceX could hire only US citizens and lawful permanent residents, sometimes referred to as ‘green card holders,’” the DOJ added.

The laws bar foreign persons from being given access to export-controlled items without approval from the State Department or Department of Commerce, but permits US persons including citizens, residents, refugees and asylum seekers, according to the lawsuit.

Immigrants “had virtually no chance of being fairly considered or hired for a job at SpaceX,” the lawsuit states, saying the company’s “hiring practices were routine, widespread, and longstanding, and harmed asylees and refugees.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/24/elon-musks-spacex-sued-by-doj-over-asylees-refugees-hiring/

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

So now all companies are going to be forced to hire Biden's illegal aliens.

Offline ironhorsedriver

I remember when companies worried about immigration officers showing up. It boggles my mind how quickly this country is descending.

Online LMAO

I remember when companies worried about immigration officers showing up. It boggles my mind how quickly this country is descending.

Very quickly
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So, pray tell, just how many rocket scientists and aerospace engineers are in that lot?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ironhorsedriver

So, pray tell, just how many rocket scientists and aerospace engineers are in that lot?
You beat me to it. I’m sure astronauts will be lining up for a ride in a DIE designed and built spacecraft.