Author Topic: Putin sends condolences over Wagner boss plane crash, says Prigozhin was ‘talented businessman’  (Read 355 times)

Offline Kamaji

Putin sends condolences over Wagner boss plane crash, says Prigozhin was ‘talented businessman’

By Ronny Reyes
August 24, 2023

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday said Wagner mercenary chief Yevgeny Prigozhin made “serious mistakes” — but praised the warlord, who led a rebellion against him over the summer, as “a talented businessman” while offering his condolences following his death in a fatal plane crash.

“It is always a tragedy,” Putin said in a televised event Thursday in regards to the apparent death of Prigozhin and 9 other occupants aboard the plane.

“I knew Prigozhin for many years, since the beginning of the 1990s. He was a person with a complicated background,” Putin said of his former ally.

“He made serious mistakes in his life and he achieved the necessary results, both for himself and, when I asked him, for the common cause, as during the past few months.”

Putin also touted Prigozhin’s business prowess as a Russian oligarch, who previously secured about $1 billion in government contracts for his catering company to provide food to the army as he also headed the Wagner mercenary group that fought in the frontlines of the Ukraine war. 

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/24/putin-sends-condolences-says-prigozhin-was-talented-businessman/

Offline Kamaji

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 07:37:43 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley