Author Topic: Maui residents who obeyed traffic orders perished, those who ignored them survived  (Read 246 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 24, 2023
Maui residents who obeyed traffic orders perished, those who ignored them survived
By Olivia Murray

As more details emerge about what really happened in Maui, one thing is unmistakable: the government has completely surrendered its delegated charge as the guarantor of unalienable rights, and in its current form, it is wholly unsuited to have any sort of authoritative role.

A report out yesterday at The Hill detailed that Maui residents fleeing the blaze were barricaded in by several road closures, established by local authorities; those who heeded the orders died, and those who didn’t, escaped the flames. From the article:

Those who disobeyed the barricaded road closures during the Maui fires survived the disaster, while many of those who heeded orders to turn around perished in their cars and homes with no way out….

…

Officials closed Lahaina Bypass Road due to the fires, blocking the only way out of Lahaina to the southern part of the island.

…

One family swerved around the barricade set up to escape the flames, while another resident took a dirt road uphill to climb above the fire…. However, many others who stayed in the cars on that road were stuck in a gridlock, with fires surrounding them on most sides….

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/maui_residents_who_obeyed_traffic_orders_perished_those_who_ignored_them_survived.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MajorClay

I smell lawsuits.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Only Those Who Disobeyed Survived’: Some Maui Survivors Had To Ignore Local Government To Stay Alive
Dozens Killed In Maui Wildfire Leaving The Town Of Lahaina Devastated

LILLIAN TWETEN
CONTRIBUTOR
August 23, 2023
10:47 AM ET

Residents in West Maui faced a barricade that blocked the only paved exit out of town when they attempted to escape the raging wildfires, according to the Associated Press, forcing them to evade the authorities’ obstacles.

Residents encountered a gridlock caused by several Hawaiian Electric trucks that were replacing telephone poles along the road to Highway 30, and received instructions from electricians to turn back into Lahaina, AP reported. Some died in their cars while others swerved around the barricade or used dirt roads to escape. (RELATED: ‘We Are Suffering’: Maui Residents Slam Biden Response To Deadly Wildfires)

“It made no sense what they were doing,” Cole Millington, a resident, said, according to NBC News. “They could see the sky was black. They could see the city was on fire. They could see the wind was still whipping everything around. But they were already starting to plant new power poles.”

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/23/hawaiian-authorities-barriers-blocked-residents-escaping-deadly-wildfires/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson