Author Topic: Adams demands Hochul use emergency powers to force all of NY to accept migrants  (Read 899 times)

Online Kamaji

Adams demands Hochul use emergency powers to force all of NY to accept migrants

By Nolan Hicks
August 23, 2023

Mayor Adams wants Gov. Hochul to use an executive order to force communities outside of New York City to take in migrants and give the Big Apple $6.5 billion, according to a bombshell legal filing in Manhattan Supreme Court on Wednesday.

Hizzoner went so far as to recommend several state-controlled locations for new temporary shelters in Brentwood, Newburgh, King Parks, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island.

“The scale of the crisis … demands State leadership of a statewide solution,” wrote NYC’s Law Department.

The extensive list includes the Pilgrim Psychiatric Facility, Kings Park Psychiatric Center, the Stewart Air National Guard Base, the Javits Center, Aqueduct Racetrack, a second hanger at JFK International, the Staten Island Armory, and some dormitories at State University of New York campuses.

The 13-page document solidifies the deepening divide between City Hall and Albany over how best to handle the more than 100,000 asylum-seekers who have arrived in the five boroughs since Spring 2022.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/23/adams-demands-hochul-use-emergency-powers-to-force-all-of-ny-to-accept-migrants/

Online Kamaji

Fascist.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
The Manhattan Supreme Court can't make the governor do anything.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Kamaji

The Manhattan Supreme Court can't make the governor do anything.

Yes it can.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Yes it can.

So under New York law, a city court can actually force the state governor to act on what are clearly political questions?

9999what

That's unbelievable!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Kamaji

So under New York law, a city court can actually force the state governor to act on what are clearly political questions?

9999what

That's unbelievable!

It's not a "city court" - in New York, the Supreme Court is the first level of statewide courts; the court that sits in Manhattan is the court for the First Department.  That makes it analogous to a federal district court.  The next level - analogous to the federal circuit courts - is the Supreme Court, Appellate Division.  And the final level - analogous to the federal Supreme Court - is the Court of Appeals.

Thus, by way of analogy, the NY Supreme Court can tell the State of New York what to do in the same way that, say, the federal district court that also sits in Manhattan can tell the federal government what to do.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 01:07:03 pm by Kamaji »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I agree with Adams here. If blue state NY wants to play paddy cake with sanctuary policies, then the whole state should eat it, not just NYC. Everyone shares the pain, or no one does.
The Republic is lost.

Online Kamaji

I agree with Adams here. If blue state NY wants to play paddy cake with sanctuary policies, then the whole state should eat it, not just NYC. Everyone shares the pain, or no one does.

Since NYC is pretty much the liberal tail that wags the rest of the state, I don't have a problem keeping the problem bottled up in NYC; I would, however, be happy to see the "pain" shared with Albany as well.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Since NYC is pretty much the liberal tail that wags the rest of the state, I don't have a problem keeping the problem bottled up in NYC; I would, however, be happy to see the "pain" shared with Albany as well.

It's tough. I love seeing big city liberals feel the pain of their stupid policies, but a blue state Guv who has the same stances shouldn't be allowed to quietly sit back and skate from the consequences of those stances.

Limousine liberals are the worst.
The Republic is lost.

Online Kamaji

It's tough. I love seeing big city liberals feel the pain of their stupid policies, but a blue state Guv who has the same stances shouldn't be allowed to quietly sit back and skate from the consequences of those stances.

Limousine liberals are the worst.

Fair enough; but her base of support is predominantly from NYC and LI, so bottling them up there, and in Albany, should put the "pain" where the ultimate cause is.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

NIMBY suburbs don't want their communities swamped with Biden's barbarians.

Keep sending the buses up North.  It's creating schisms within the Dems.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 02:23:12 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Build an encampment up at Fort Drum.
Send a lot of the young male illegals up there, to live in a tent city.
See how long they last before they ask to be sent home (when winter comes).

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It won't just be Albany. Let that herd loose upstate, and they'll spill over into the rust belt. They are not going to stay put, unless New York offers them the best freebie package.

Compare and contrast with the economic malaise brought upon SW NY when fraccing was banned, or pipeline projects banned, it's pretty obvious that Albany represents NYC which Represents a relatively small group of donors who can bend all this to a profit, regardless of the effects on everyone else.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

It won't just be Albany. Let that herd loose upstate, and they'll spill over into the rust belt. They are not going to stay put, unless New York offers them the best freebie package.

Compare and contrast with the economic malaise brought upon SW NY when fraccing was banned, or pipeline projects banned, it's pretty obvious that Albany represents NYC which Represents a relatively small group of donors who can bend all this to a profit, regardless of the effects on everyone else.

They will eventually filter out into the rest of the state in any event - a natural diffusion - at least, that is, once they get used to b*tch-a$$ cold and snowfalls measured in feet during the winter; the question is whether that diffusion is allowed to occur naturally, or is forced.  If they get bussed to Albany, but no further, they will do their acclimation there, and then diffuse out to the rest of the state.  I'd rather have the pols in Albany get their comfy little morning strolls wrecked by the consequences of their own perfidy just as is happening in NYC right now.