Author Topic: Ep. 19 Debate Night with Donald J Trump  (Read 492 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Ep. 19 Debate Night with Donald J Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 01:15:06 am »
What a total waste of time.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 01:31:41 pm »
So ...?

John Ziegler
@Zigmanfreud
The most hilarious part of this softball “interview”… Tucker tries to get Trump to say Epstein was murdered.
Trump says, “he probably killed himself.”  Tucker insists he was killed (without even providing a suspect) & laughably claims, “I’m not a conspiracy person at all!”
11:50 PM · Aug 23, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 01:35:27 pm »
Tucker sure wore out the kneepads on that one.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 01:01:11 pm »
Here's one view. My posting it is not an endorsement of the writer's opinion, as I did not watch the interview. Offered only as food for thought.
Tucker Carlson's Sycophantic Interview With Trump Illustrates the Advantages of Skipping the Debates
It's no mystery why the former president preferred a forum in which his record and positions would face no serious challenge.
Jacob Sullum
8.24.2023 6:00 AM

"Whatever you think of Trump," former Fox News host Tucker Carlson said in a post promoting his prerecorded interview with the former president on the social platform that is still located at twitter.com but now is supposedly known as X, "he is, as of tonight, the indisputable, far-and-away front-runner in the Republican race. We think voters have an interest in hearing what he thinks."

Whatever you think of Donald Trump, we know what Carlson thinks, thanks to private communications that Dominion Voting Systems uncovered through discovery in its defamation lawsuit against Carlson's former employer, which agreed to pay $788 million rather than defend its promotion of Trump's stolen-election fantasy.

"There isn't really an upside to Trump," Carlson said in a January 4, 2021, text message to his staff, describing "the last four years" as "a disaster." Back then, Carlson was eager to be rid of Trump: "We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can't wait. I hate him passionately." The day after the January 6, 2021, riot by Trump supporters at the U.S. Capitol, Carlson privately called him "a demonic force" and "a destroyer."

But that was then. Carlson, like the GOP politicians whose phoniness he claims to despise, has adjusted to the reality that Trump remains stubbornly popular among Republicans. He is even willing to reinforce the election conspiracy theory that he publicly called unfounded and privately called a lie. Carlson's current coziness with Trump was on vivid display Wednesday night, starting with the question of why the "far-and-away front-runner," whose views are of such keen interest to voters, decided to skip the Republican debate in Milwaukee and any other similar forum in which he might have to defend those views or his record as president against competitors keen to make a dent in his commanding lead. ...
Entire article at Reason
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org