Author Topic: Don’t believe doomsayers — new COVID outbreak is mild, and masks don’t help By Dr. Joel Zinberg  (Read 1012 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Don’t believe doomsayers — new COVID outbreak is mild, and masks don’t help
By Dr. Joel Zinberg   
August 23, 2023 1:53pm

COVID-19 cases are expected to rise this fall as new variants become more prevalent. And, as unfortunately expected, it’s already triggered demands by some of our more zealous public health enforcers, not to mention some teachers’ unions, to reinstate mitigation measures including mandatory masking.

Some researchers are already recommending that when cases go up, people will need to wear masks indoors again.

Epidemiologist Katelyn Jetelina, author of the widely read newsletter “Your Local Epidemiologist,” predicts COVID-19  “is going to be disruptive this winter, and it will cause a number of people to die,” and added, “That’s just not acceptable to the public health world, especially since it’s preventable.” In a recent “PBS Newshour” interview, she suggested “wearing masks in crowded areas, especially during a surge” and “certainly at home, it works, if you want to reduce household transmission.”

About 100 colleges and universities still require students to be vaccinated. A smaller number of schools including Rutgers, Georgetown, and Morris Brown College in Atlanta have reinstated mask mandates on campus.

Grade schools may be next. The Biden administration recently appointed teachers’ union boss and long-time school closure advocate Randi Weingarten to a new Department of Homeland Security school safety advisory council tasked with recommending “preparedness measures” and “safety and security” in schools.

None of this incipient hysteria is warranted.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/23/new-covid-outbreak-is-mild-and-masks-dont-help/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Lie:
Jerome Adams
@JeromeAdamsMD
Anecdotally (ie family and friends), professionally (in the hospital), and from the data (wastewater + hospitalizations) covid cases are skyrocketing.  Yes- many have some residual immunity and will get milder sickness than past waves, but ⬆️ hospitalization rates don’t lie.
12:40 PM · Aug 22, 2023
Truth:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
As one who used to have governmental epidemilogical  duties, one of the most frightening aspects of this COVID debacle and fear fest is that if there truly is a catastrophic Pandemic emergency, the public is not going to trust the Public Health community or politicans.

They screwed the pooch big time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As one who used to have governmental epidemilogical  duties, one of the most frightening aspects of this COVID debacle and fear fest is that if there truly is a catastrophic Pandemic emergency, the public is not going to trust the Public Health community or politicans.

They screwed the pooch big time.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Thanks for finding a way to post that graph! That one picture is far better than my dozens of words describing it. The Daily Deaths graph is similar, with different scaling and a ~2 week delay.

The bottom line is that real-world data does not support the alarmist hype. Even calling the "new COVID outbreak" "mild" is probably an over-statement.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates
Chris Nelson
August 24, 2023

As mask mandates return in certain parts of the country, Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo is telling people to not comply.

"What do you call re-imposing mask policies that have been proven ineffective or restarting lockdowns that are known to cause harm?" posted Ladapo on X this morning. "You don't call it sanity. These terrible policies only work with your cooperation. How about refusing to participate…"   ... Floridian Press

Online mountaineer

I was in the waiting room of a doctor's office the other day and overheard a conversation between two excessively loud older ladies. One told the other she was going to Switzerland to visit her son, who has lived there for some 17 years. To do so, she said, she had to be up on her shots, which meant she'd be getting her 4th Covid shot. The other lady was taken aback by this, especially since she had just recounted how she turned down a job offer a while ago because it required a Covid vax.

This intrigued me, as I've been daydreaming about a trip to Switzerland, and I went to the Swiss tourism website. There's no requirement for Covid shots!! What the heck is she thinking? Who would do that?  :thud:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Never take medical advice from a government that would lock down a country and force you to take and experimental drug. They don't have your best health interests in mind.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates
Chris Nelson
August 24, 2023

As mask mandates return in certain parts of the country, Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo is telling people to not comply.

"What do you call re-imposing mask policies that have been proven ineffective or restarting lockdowns that are known to cause harm?" posted Ladapo on X this morning. "You don't call it sanity. These terrible policies only work with your cooperation. How about refusing to participate…"   ... Floridian Press

Indeed.  Refuse to cooperate! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I was in the waiting room of a doctor's office the other day and overheard a conversation between two excessively loud older ladies. One told the other she was going to Switzerland to visit her son, who has lived there for some 17 years. To do so, she said, she had to be up on her shots, which meant she'd be getting her 4th Covid shot. The other lady was taken aback by this, especially since she had just recounted how she turned down a job offer a while ago because it required a Covid vax.

This intrigued me, as I've been daydreaming about a trip to Switzerland, and I went to the Swiss tourism website. There's no requirement for Covid shots!! What the heck is she thinking? Who would do that?  :thud:
Is it a Swiss requirement or an EU requirement? Because EU might be controlling the international affairs of its member states at this point.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Is it a Swiss requirement or an EU requirement? Because EU might be controlling the international affairs of its member states at this point.
I don't know. Very disappointing, if true.

Online Kamaji

Except that Switzerland isn't a member of the EU.

Offline Polly Ticks

Sounds like a personal requirement of one particular excessively loud older lady.  I guess age doesn't always beget wisdom.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DefiantMassRINO

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law survived their July Covid infections.

There will be a spike after kids go back to school.

There will be spikes around Holidays and other occasions for mass or familial gatherings.

Those that want to get boosters, go for it.

People shouldn't panic until the hospitals, emergency rooms, icu's, and morgues are overwhelmed.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Sounds like a personal requirement of one particular excessively loud older lady.  I guess age doesn't always beget wisdom.

Maybe her son told her that.

Maybe he is a ninny.  Afraid of it himself or afraid for her.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law survived their July Covid infections.

There will be a spike after kids go back to school.

There will be spikes around Holidays and other occasions for mass or familial gatherings.

Those that want to get boosters, go for it.

People shouldn't panic until the hospitals, emergency rooms, icu's, and morgues are overwhelmed.

Which they never have been.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
They're part of the Schengen Area that controls border policy for EU member states, though.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Kamaji

They're part of the Schengen Area that controls border policy for EU member states, though.

Yes, but they are not part of the EU, which was the claim.  However, in a quick search, I did not find the Schengen provisions as such imposing a covid policy.  That doesn't mean it hasn't, but if it has, it's not readily apparent.

Online roamer_1

We'll keep taking zinc and Ivermectin as a prophylactic when family comes around...
The difference being that we now have pills and are no longer sucking horse paste.

Ain't taking the jab. Ain't going to lock down.
Tough sh*t, there it is.