Author Topic: Dick's Sporting Goods CEO blames organized retail theft for loss in profits  (Read 292 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dick's Sporting Goods CEO blames organized retail theft for loss in profits
The retail chain reported a 23 percent decrease in profits.

Katie Daviscourt
Seattle WA
Aug 22, 2023

The CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods attributed brazen "organized crime and retail theft" for dropping its quarterly profits on Tuesday during an earnings call with investors.

The New York Post reports that despite its sales rising 3.6 percent, the retail chain reported a 23 percent decrease in profits across its more than 700 stores in the second quarter.

Lauren Hobart, Dick's president and CEO, told investors that its reported losses are the result of "organized retail crime" and the chain's ability to manage stolen or lost inventory, calling it "an increasingly serious issue impacting many retailers."
The retail chain reported a 23 percent decrease in profits.

https://thepostmillennial.com/dicks-sporting-goods-ceo-blames-organized-retail-theft-for-loss-in-profits
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Maybe the stopping of selling guns and ammo to their law abiding customers would have help their profit and shrinkage problems.  But what would I know over the great wokeness of Lauren.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe the stopping of selling guns and ammo to their law abiding customers would have help their profit and shrinkage problems.  But what would I know over the great wokeness of Lauren.
Somehow I get the impression that in the areas hardest hit by these thefts, guns and ammo would be the very first things stolen. There's a Dick's near me and I have never had a reason to enter it, especially after they made their wokeass decision to drop guns and ammunition.