Author Topic: 204 Chicago Homicides In Mayor Johnson's First 100 Days, Including Four Teenagers Killed Last Weeken  (Read 331 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
204 Chicago Homicides In Mayor Johnson's First 100 Days, Including Four Teenagers Killed Last Weekend

BY TYLER DURDEN
TUESDAY, AUG 22, 2023 - 08:45 PM
By Ted Dabrowski and John Klingner of Wirepoints

It would be naïve to think that a progressive Chicago mayor could actually reduce the city’s crime numbers during his first 100 days in office, but Brandon Johnson did have a real opportunity to flip the trajectory. Chicago’s crime had already hit its post-George Floyd, post-covid highs in 2022 (see appendix) and Mayor Lori Lightfoot had made a major mess of policing and criminal justice. Johnson had a perfect chance to lead, and maybe even bring the crime numbers down.

Unfortunately, Johnson has refused to even try to tamp down on crime during his first 100 days. If anything, he’s doubled down on the city’s long-running soft-on-crime approach. He continues to reject calling out the city’s violence for what it is, downplaying mob actions and resorting to semantics. And he keeps talking and talking about ‘root causes,’ but refuses to stop what’s happening nightly on the city’s streets.

His failure to act means the bloodshed continues. New Chicago Police CompStat numbers show during Johnson’s first 100 days a total of 204 murders – far more than the mayor’s two immediate predecessors. And in all, major crimes during Johnson’s first 100 days are up 25 percent compared to the same time period last year.

The events of last weekend capture the essence of the city’s terrible violence, with 40 shot and seven murdered, including four teens (credit to ABC7 for the details):

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/204-chicago-homicides-mayor-johnsons-first-100-days-including-four-teenagers-killed-last
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'll bet it's law-abiding citizens who are doing all the shooting! :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well it is Mayor Johnson, so I'm sure he will tell us that like when the teens were rioting, looting and shooting into crowds this homicides are just silly things done by people...nothing to get excited about.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Miss Me Yet...???

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Miss Me Yet...???

If so, say Beetlejuice...Beetlejuice...Beetlejuice

A little pancake makeup and the resemblance would be perfect :silly: