Author Topic: Live Thread: GOP Debate  (Read 13715 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Live Thread: GOP Debate
« on: August 23, 2023, 01:53:19 pm »
The Republican National Committee's first debate for the 2024 election is quickly approaching, with eight contenders ready to pitch themselves and their policies.

The debate will be held in Milwaukee tonight at 9.

Tuning into the debate

The debate, which is set to last two hours, is set to begin at 9 p.m.

Despite some previous debates being aired on multiple channels, the first RNC debate will air exclusively on Fox News and Fox Business Network and be moderated by hosts Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum.

Rumble, a video-sharing platform, will livestream the debate.

Where is the debate being held?

Candidates will be on the stage in Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee in a battleground state that will also host the Republican National Convention next year.

Former President Donald Trump lost Wisconsin in 2020 but won narrowly in 2016. It is likely to be a key deciding factor in the 2024 election, as well.

Which candidates are attending?

Eight candidates have qualified to attend the debate: Gov. Doug Burgum (R-ND), former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, former Vice President Mike Pence, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, and Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC).

Trump confirmed on Sunday that he would not be attending the debate, citing his high polling numbers.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread: GOP Debate
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 02:06:29 pm »
 North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum injured playing basketball, debate attendance thrown into question

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum was hospitalized in Milwaukee on Tuesday after suffering an injury while playing a game of pick-up basketball with his staff, Fox News has learned.

His attendance at Wednesday night's Republican presidential debate on Fox News is now in question. Burgum's campaign told Fox News Digital it is "unclear if he will be able to stand at the debate."

Burgum is now out of the hospital, the campaign said.

Burgum is a dark horse in the race, lacking the name recognition that other candidates enjoy. He qualified for the debate by earning 3% support in the Fox Iowa poll, but has otherwise remained a relatively obscure figure in national politics.

Wednesday night's debate is an opportunity for Burgum to grab more attention from GOP primary voters. The billionaire software entrepreneur has poured more than $10 million into the race from his own bank account, and spent $8 million in the last quarter alone.

Up to $760,000 of that spend went to donors who accepted his offer to send a $20 gift card to any $1+ donor, a ploy that saw him reach the fundraising threshold for the first debate in record time this cycle.

Fox News' Paul Steinhauser and Rémy Numa contributed to this report.
Posted by Chris Pandolfo

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/republican-presidential-debate
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline American Girl

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 04:09:39 pm »
This photo made my day!

However, there isn't one challenger that I would trust for VP.

Every one of them would be like Pence and their aids would be like Pence's, sabotaging Trump every chance they got.

https://www.usasupreme.com/hilarious-behind-the-scenes-signs-during-msnbc-broadcast-of-the-gop-debate-expose-what-the-american-people-think-about-the-current-candidates/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 05:10:33 pm »
Trump Teases GOP Debate Counter-Programming: ‘Sparks Will Fly’

“Sparks will fly,” former President Donald Trump teased on Truth Social ahead of the Republican debate, previewing his interview with Tucker Carlson, which will drop at the same time as the GOP debate’s kickoff.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/23/trump-teases-gop-debate-counter-programming-sparks-will-fly/
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 05:13:59 pm »
This photo made my day!

Every one of them would be like Pence and their aids would be like Pence's, sabotaging Trump every chance they got.

https://www.usasupreme.com/hilarious-behind-the-scenes-signs-during-msnbc-broadcast-of-the-gop-debate-expose-what-the-american-people-think-about-the-current-candidates/

We could only hope!

Trump evaluates people based on how much they kiss his big white butt. So, if someone does that enough, they'll rocket to the top of his VP list.   And then hopefully turn on the guy once he's in office.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 05:15:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 05:16:47 pm »
bkmk
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 05:25:16 pm »
There was a pic out there today showing Trump relaxing before his cowardly debate call.......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 06:33:17 pm by mystery-ak »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2023, 06:13:02 pm »
This photo made my day!

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2023, 06:17:31 pm »
Trump PAC Launches Website For Supporters To Vote For Their 'Favorite VP’ Ahead Of GOP Debate
DC Enquirer, Aug 22, 2023

On Tuesday, leading 2024 presidential candidate and 45th President Donald Trump’s super PAC, “Make America Great Again Inc.”, launched a new website for supporters to vote for their favorite Republican candidate that could be Trump’s vice president ahead of the Fox News Republican primary debate, which Trump isn’t attending.

The website, titled “Battle for the Vice Presidency,” features all of the GOP candidates currently qualified for the debate stage.

“Vote for your prediction to win the VP Debate on August 22nd. Then come back after the debate to vote on who really won,” the website’s description reads.

The website is reportedly banned from working on Fox computers.

More:
https://dcenquirer.com/trump-pac-launches-website-for-supporters-to-vote-for-their-favorite-vp-ahead-of-gop-debate

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2023, 08:14:10 pm »

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2023, 08:16:27 pm »

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2023, 08:18:54 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2023, 08:19:29 pm »

You don't have a card for DJT?

Ohhh...I forgot, he's a f'n coward.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2023, 08:20:38 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2023, 08:40:39 pm »
Tucker: “Whatever you think of Trump, he is the indisputable far and away frontrunner in the Republican race. So when Trump approached us about having a conversation for a larger audience than he’d receive on cable news, we happily accepted.” (Video)

https://twitter.com/theblaze/status/1694425361746907272

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2023, 08:43:53 pm »
Faux News deserves to wind up in the dust bin and Tucker just might take them there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2023, 08:48:23 pm »
Faux News deserves to wind up in the dust bin and Tucker just might take them there!

I sure hope that's the plan. 

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2023, 08:57:32 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2023, 10:04:49 pm »
Steve Deace
@SteveDeaceShow

This is in Politico Playbook this morning. Trump campaign meeting with corporate media who hates us all, but they’re conspiring together to destroy @RonDeSantis. The same media that tried to impeach Trump and is trying to put him in prison now, nevertheless toasting his campaign. All the same people the Trump campaign is schmoozing now will of course go all in to defeat him in the general.

From a Little Birdie who was there at the same restaurant and witnessed it firsthand:

“Not a single conservative media outlet was there. All corporate and left-wing media. On the one hand, it is noteworthy the Trump campaign felt the need to travel the length of the country for a debate their candidate supposedly doesn’t think is worth his time. But to actually see these two supposed mortal enemies yucking it up, to see the liberal media completely in bed with the Trump campaign like that, it was surreal.”

8:19 AM · Aug 23, 2023

Kurt Schlichter
@KurtSchlichter
Ron DeSantis – proudly not partying with the with regime media hacks.
6:34 PM · Aug 23, 2023

« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 10:58:39 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2023, 11:06:59 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2023, 11:13:08 pm »

That's rather presumptuous.  I think Trump has already lost -- not debating is a huge mistake.

Tucker interviewing him during the GOP debate is also a huge mistake.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.