Author Topic: Meadows was ‘ringleader’ in effort to overturn 2020 election, Pence adviser says  (Read 357 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Meadows was ‘ringleader’ in effort to overturn 2020 election, Pence adviser says
by Lauren Sforza - 08/23/23 8:56 AM ET

An aide to former Vice President Mike Pence described former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows as the “ringleader” with much of the events that took place on Jan. 6, 2021.

Marc Short, Pence’s former chief of staff, said Meadows was “central” in efforts to overturn the 2020 election on Jan. 6. Though Meadows was not charged in the Justice Department’s federal case, he was charged alongside former President Trump with racketeering and solicitation of violation of oath by a public officer in the Fulton County, Ga., election case.

“Regarding Mark, look, I don’t think any of us relish witnessing what’s happening to any of these people that we worked with,” Short, who now leads Pence’s political advocacy group, told host Abby Phillip on “CNN Primetime” on Tuesday.

“I think that in your last panel, I think it was it’s fair to say that Mark was the ringleader of much the events that happened around Jan. 6, he was somebody who was — the President sought to find additional attorneys who gave advice different than White House counsel, and it was very central to the events that happen on that day,” he added.

Meadows is trying to move his Georgia case to federal court, arguing that he is immune because the allegations against him were part of his job in the White House.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4166153-meadows-was-ringleader-in-effort-to-overturn-2020-election-pence-adviser-says/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34