Author Topic: Trump infighting risks rise as allies face legal bills, cash crunch  (Read 1095 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump infighting risks rise as allies face legal bills, cash crunch
by Rebecca Beitsch and Brett Samuels - 08/23/23 6:00 AM ET

The multiplying charges brought against allies of former President Trump and their mounting legal fees are creating consternation in Trump world — while presenting a real risk to the former president.

Trump has burned through millions of dollars in donor money to pay for legal fees as he defends himself against charges in New York City, Florida, Georgia and Washington, D.C.

But the former president, who has built a reputation for stiffing workers, has shown no interest in providing financial aid to former aides charged over their efforts to keep him in power.

Former Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani has listed his Manhattan apartment for sale, and several Trump allies have launched crowdfunding campaigns to pay for their defenses.

Some of those who face charges in Georgia have been released on bond agreements totaling as much as $100,000.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4165383-trump-infighting-risks-rise-as-allies-face-legal-bills-cash-crunch/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump infighting risks rise as allies face legal bills, cash crunch
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 02:21:58 pm »
Gee, and I wonder why this guy has a hard time attracting first-tier legal counsel....

If there is a miracle and Trump somehow were to win the election, he'd be scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel to fill all the appointments in his Administration.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 02:26:49 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 02:41:53 pm »
Remember ... the first one to squeal gets the best deal.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 03:03:10 pm »
But the former president, who has built a reputation for stiffing workers, has shown no interest in providing financial aid to former aides charged over their efforts to keep him in power.

That is going to bite him in the a$$ as more and more of those workers realize that their only real option is making a deal with the devil - the prosecution - which will inevitably involve giving evidence against Trump.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 03:07:06 pm »
Trump is the devil ... Tangerine Mussolini corrupts everyone and everything he comes in contact with.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2023, 06:28:20 pm »
That is going to bite him in the a$$ as more and more of those workers realize that their only real option is making a deal with the devil - the prosecution - which will inevitably involve giving evidence against Trump.
but to Trump and his online sycophants, that's all the more proof he's a victim.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 02:06:32 pm »
Trump has a history of throwing people under a bus. He is his worst enemy and the sharks will circle him if they smell blood. Of course the opposition will take advantage of his indiscretions and folks who turn on him. More so since he's a disagreeable human, now more so!
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 02:42:46 pm »
Why take on a deadbeat for a client?  Trump has a long history of stiffing people, including his immediate family and ex wives.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 02:52:15 pm »
Why take on a deadbeat for a client?  Trump has a long history of stiffing people, including his immediate family and ex wives.

People who have had to deal with him are either all-in or all-out. Few in between with a long trail of wreckage. If he were to win the election his administration would be made up of nothing but incompetent Kool-Aid drinkers because no one else would join his one man "team".

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 03:55:44 pm »
People who have had to deal with him are either all-in or all-out. Few in between with a long trail of wreckage. If he were to win the election his administration would be made up of nothing but incompetent Kool-Aid drinkers because no one else would join his one man "team".

We blast the current administration for putting people in his cabinet that are nothing more than box checkers.

That would also apply to a Trump second term, except the only box they need to check is “unquestioning, unwavering loyalty”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2023, 06:09:34 pm »
Imagine how broke Trump will be come election time.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2023, 06:21:51 pm »
Trump Broke, over this? Not so long as there are plenty of people who donate to his campaign defense fund.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2023, 06:26:42 pm »
but to Trump and his online sycophants, that's all the more proof he's a victim.

Interesting sidebar... This seems familiar to the Palin fad... Palin, who hardly can move the needle now.

I wonder how many of Tumy's adoring psychophants will love him five years from now...  :pondering:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2023, 06:30:18 pm »

Delay was a MAN. He stepped down to save the party the grief, and went on to fight the lawfare in court, where it belongs. A years long haul. Which he won.

Tumpy won't do that, claiming his martyrdom in the press, and risking the entire Right = Very likely costing us the upcoming election.

That's a self-centered POS.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2023, 01:18:08 pm »
Delay was a MAN. He stepped down to save the party the grief, and went on to fight the lawfare in court, where it belongs. A years long haul. Which he won.

Tumpy won't do that, claiming his martyrdom in the press, and risking the entire Right = Very likely costing us the upcoming election.

I agree.. Something that a lot of anti-Trump people has been saying since 2015 and yet no one listened.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2023, 07:27:16 pm »
Max Twain
@MaxTwain24
LEAK

1) The Trump campaign has ramped up pressure on RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel to commit to fully funding Trump’s legal bills and those of his co-conspirators. As the campaign careens towards bankruptcy, Trump’s staff have demanded that funds be diverted from key races...
12:13 PM · Sep 2, 2023

TWITTER THREAD:

https://twitter.com/MaxTwain24/status/1698006171662291290
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2023, 07:49:13 pm »

I agree.. Something that a lot of anti-Trump people has been saying since 2015 and yet no one listened.

And they won't hear it, even yet.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2023, 12:20:23 pm »

:thumbsup: