Author Topic: St. Louis Democrat Mayor Announces Plan to Ban AR-15s in City Limits  (Read 1117 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
St. Louis Democrat Mayor Announces Plan to Ban AR-15s in City Limits

AWR Hawkins 22 Aug 2023

St. Louis Mayor Tishaura O. Jones (D) announced plans Tuesday to ban AR-15s and AK-47s inside city limits.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that a bill containing the ban will soon come before the Board of Aldermen and will contain other gun controls as well.

Regulations on gun kits are some of the other controls expected in the bill.

Jones said, “We’re ready to fight like hell at the local level to prevent gun violence, protect our babies, and to keep our communities safe.”

Attorney General Andrew Bailey (R) has already told Jones her attempt to exceed laws at the state level is not legal and he made clear he will fight “any effort to infringe on the right of the people of Missouri to keep and bear arms.”

State senator and Republican gubernatorial hopeful Bill Eigel made blasted Jones’ planned gun ban, saying, “I condemn these unconstitutional attacks on the right to bear arms in St. Louis City by the radical, leftist Mayor Tishaura Jones. Mayor Jones and the Democrat Party dynasty that has been in power for a generation in St. Louis City is proposing defunding and abandoning police, grabbing guns from lawful citizens, and making it a crime to have views that
oppose her own.”

Eigel added, “I have always been a staunch defender of the People’s right to bear arms and against precisely the sort of local government tyranny that Mayor Jones is publicly embracing with this announcement. I will continue to stand in the way of these bad policy ideas anywhere they rear their ugly head within the borders of the Show-Me State. Let’s go, Missouri!”

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/08/22/st-louis-democrat-mayor-announces-plan-ban-ar-15s-city-limits/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: St. Louis Democrat Mayor Announces Plan to Ban AR-15s in City Limits
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 01:41:53 pm »
This is aimed at people like this.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 02:10:49 pm »
This is aimed at people like this.

Yup.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 02:41:18 pm »
How about banning criminals?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 02:47:44 pm »
Bitch is panicking.  There have been several high profile murders and crimes at  well known tourist places like STL sports stadiums, Forrest Park, Arch area etc.

But a gun grab is not the solution to save her dying city.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2023, 01:32:00 am »
Bitch is panicking.  There have been several high profile murders and crimes at  well known tourist places like STL sports stadiums, Forrest Park, Arch area etc.

But a gun grab is not the solution to save her dying city.
Let the people be armed, carry, and defend those who defend themselves in the legal arena, and the criminals will find out they have a 'use by' date on their asses.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2023, 01:04:02 pm »
Missouri AG Puts St. Louis Mayor on Notice Over Proposed Gun Legislation
by David Kelly
August 25, 2023   
The New American
Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey put St. Louis City Mayor Tishaura Jones on notice this week after she announced plans to introduce legislation that would prohibit “military-grade weapons” on city streets and make it a crime for “insurrectionists and those convicted of hate crimes” to possess firearms.

A press release shared that Bailey sent Jones a letter stating that her “office’s proposed legislation would violate Missourians’ constitutional right to keep and bear arms.”

Bailey wrote:

Our state constitution guarantees that the right of law-abiding citizens to bear arms “shall be unalienable” and that “Any restriction on these rights shall be subject to strict scrutiny and the state of Missouri shall be obligated to uphold these rights and shall under no circumstances decline to protect against their infringement.”… The people’s elected representatives have already spoken on this issue by preempting local authority in state statute.… To implement your plan would be to violate Missouri law.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2023, 01:29:41 pm »
Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey put St. Louis City Mayor Tishaura Jones on notice this week...

More please!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2023, 03:51:20 pm »
St. Louis Democrat Mayor Announces Plan to Ban AR-15s in City Limits

AWR Hawkins 22 Aug 2023

St. Louis Mayor Tishaura O. Jones (D) announced plans Tuesday to ban AR-15s and AK-47s inside city limits.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that a bill containing the ban will soon come before the Board of Aldermen and will contain other gun controls as well.

Regulations on gun kits are some of the other controls expected in the bill.

Jones said, “We’re ready to fight like hell at the local level to prevent gun violence, protect our babies, and to keep our communities safe.”

Attorney General Andrew Bailey (R) has already told Jones her attempt to exceed laws at the state level is not legal and he made clear he will fight “any effort to infringe on the right of the people of Missouri to keep and bear arms.”

State senator and Republican gubernatorial hopeful Bill Eigel made blasted Jones’ planned gun ban, saying, “I condemn these unconstitutional attacks on the right to bear arms in St. Louis City by the radical, leftist Mayor Tishaura Jones. Mayor Jones and the Democrat Party dynasty that has been in power for a generation in St. Louis City is proposing defunding and abandoning police, grabbing guns from lawful citizens, and making it a crime to have views that
oppose her own.”

Eigel added, “I have always been a staunch defender of the People’s right to bear arms and against precisely the sort of local government tyranny that Mayor Jones is publicly embracing with this announcement. I will continue to stand in the way of these bad policy ideas anywhere they rear their ugly head within the borders of the Show-Me State. Let’s go, Missouri!”

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/08/22/st-louis-democrat-mayor-announces-plan-ban-ar-15s-city-limits/

"Military grade" - whatever the h*ll that means - is at the core of protections under the Second Amendment, because the predicate for the Second was a "well-regulated militia" and a militia would, typically, carry military grade weapons.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2023, 05:03:39 pm »
People who elect ghetto mayors get what they deserve.  Lots of black and white folk in St Louis legally own those pesky "military Grade" weapons' for hunting and other various and sundry activities.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2023, 05:41:29 pm »
Missouri is a Constitutional Carry state.  Let's see her try to stop that with a city ordinance.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: