Author Topic: UK’s first womb transplant deemed ‘massive success’: ‘Over the moon’  (Read 494 times)

Offline Kamaji

UK’s first womb transplant deemed ‘massive success’:  ‘Over the moon’

By Emily Lefroy
August 23, 2023

Surgeons have performed the UK’s first womb transplant, signaling a new future for childbirth.

A 34-year-old woman received a womb from her 40-year-old sister, who has two children of her own.

The recipient was “incredibly happy” and “over the moon” following the nine-hour operation, Isabel Quiroga, a consultant surgeon at the Oxford Transplant Centre, told The Guardian.

The woman, who is married, plans to try to have two children with IVF using the five embryos she had frozen.

She was born with a rare condition that left her womb underdeveloped.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/23/first-womb-transplant-in-uk-called-a-massive-success/

Offline mountaineer

It's a brave new world.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The trannies are salivating over all those nice wombs...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The new fish hatcheries. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How long before uteri are traded as commodities like pork bellies?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Transplanting one into an actual woman is just a test run. See, that's all we're doing, helping a woman who can't bear children. Honest, that's all. Honest.

Of course, even if they put one in a male, it still won't function as a real uterus. It's all insanity.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline The_Reader_David

Transplanting one into an actual woman is just a test run. See, that's all we're doing, helping a woman who can't bear children. Honest, that's all. Honest.

Of course, even if they put one in a male, it still won't function as a real uterus. It's all insanity.

It might, provided they transplant the whole reproductive system, not just the womb.  If they can do it and make the neural connections so the recipient can have female orgasms as well as get pregnant, then and only then will I admit the possibility of changing sex -- well male to female  Plainly, they'd need a corresponding transplantation of the male reproductive system to do female of male.  (But I still wouldn't let the newly female compete in women's sports if they'd gone through male puberty.)

Of course, with male hips, C-sections would be the only way to deliver a child.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's a brave new world.
Nah. Huxley's people used jars, except on the savage reservations.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How long before uteri are traded as commodities like pork bellies?
"I woke up in a bathtub full of ice and my uterus was gone."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Yup.