Author Topic: 12-year-old boy arrested, accused of armed carjacking in Southeast D.C.  (Read 312 times)

Offline mountaineer

12-year-old boy arrested, accused of armed carjacking in Southeast D.C.
 By Brad Matthews and Matt Delaney 
The Washington Times
Tuesday, August 22, 2023
A 12-year-old boy has been charged with armed carjacking after his arrest Sunday, the latest underage suspect pulled off the streets of the District of Columbia in recent weeks and accused of serious and sometimes deadly crimes.

Police said the boy approached a female driver at the intersection of Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and U Street Southeast shortly after 1 p.m. Sunday and demanded the woman’s car keys.

The woman told police that she refused and the boy eventually ran off. She said the boy was clutching his waistband “as if something was inside [his] pants,” according to the police report.

Authorities apprehended the boy soon afterward and found a loaded pistol in his waistband. The preteen was detained on armed carjacking and illegal gun charges.    ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Side bar:  As a general rule for personal safety, I refuse to travel on any road in any city that is named MLK.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Side bar:  As a general rule for personal safety, I refuse to travel on any road in any city that is named MLK.
Any street named after MLK, no matter the city, is likely the most dangerous in town. A sad fact of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Charge him as an adult, commit adult crimes do adult time! The only way to curtail the committing of this level of crimes by children or nominal children either for themselves or at the direction of gangs is to eliminate the juvenile charges. These 'children' know that they will either just be released to their parent or sent to juvie for a short time which they will use as a training opportunity.

Offline mountaineer

Not that we'll ever see a photo of the miscreant, but if we did, you can bet it would be the one that best depicts him as a choir boy.