Author Topic: Schools That Teach The Classics Instead Of Marxism See Exponential Growth  (Read 380 times)

Offline Kamaji

Schools That Teach The Classics Instead Of Marxism See Exponential Growth

Some of these school networks have seen increases of 5,000 percent in a few decades.

BY: JOY PULLMANN
AUGUST 23, 2023

Since lockdowns showed American parents what public schools teach kids, a competing method of human formation called classical education has seen a massive jump in enrollment, the leaders of multiple K-12 networks told The Federalist.

The number of new school startups within the Association of Christian Classical Schools nearly tripled in 2022 and 2023 from previous years, said ACCS President David Goodwin in a phone interview. Their typical number of school startups per year is 20-30, he said, but in 2022 and 2023 startups respectively numbered 83 and likely near 100 by the end of this year, he said.

From 2020 to 2023, the large classical homeschooling network Classical Conversations has seen student enrollment grow approximately 20 percent, from 110,000 students to a projected 130,000 this fall, CEO Robert Bortins told The Federalist in an email.

“Jesus Christ is at the core of everything they study, so they’re talking about their faith throughout the day and in all aspects of the curriculum,” says Emily de Rotstein, executive director of the Chesterton Schools Network of Christian classical high schools. “Our goal is that students are articulate, clear-thinking, well-rounded, and very joyful individuals.”

What Is Classical Education?
Classical education aims to introduce children to their cultural heritage through seeing and imitating the greatest works in their civilization’s history, from the arts to the sciences. Most conventional public schools actively damage children’s souls with racial and sexual falsehoods, even in states with proactive conservative lawmakers such as Florida, as a recent Claremont Institute report shows.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/08/23/schools-that-teach-the-classics-instead-of-marxism-see-exponential-growth/

Offline mountaineer

The older I get, the more I realize what an inadequate education I received through the public schools - even from those school systems that were and still are considered top-notch. Very little, if any, classical literature was taught, for example. Thankfully, I was curious enough to read some of it on my own, e.g., Plato's Republic. And that was decades ago!

Now, I see what my local schools are doing, and it's pathetic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The older I get, the more I realize what an inadequate education I received through the public schools - even from those school systems that were and still are considered top-notch. Very little, if any, classical literature was taught, for example. Thankfully, I was curious enough to read some of it on my own, e.g., Plato's Republic. And that was decades ago!

I call it the John Dewey affect!

If I had my way there would be no such thing as a government school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyN_-1ywqfk
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In my Catholic high school, they made us read Homer's "The Odyssey" ... a lot of words for a guy drinking and screwing his was around the Mediterranean for the 20 years it took him to return from Troy, while his faithful wife turned away suitors.

I did learn the word "hubris" ... that's what the gods were punishing Odysseus for.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup: