Author Topic: Meadows files motion to duck arrest in Georgia election fraud case ahead of surrender deadline  (Read 597 times)

Online Kamaji

Mark Meadows files motion to duck arrest in Georgia election fraud case ahead of surrender deadline

By Victor Nava
August 22, 2023

Former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows filed an emergency motion in federal court on Tuesday demanding that he be protected from arrest in Georgia on charges that he conspired with former President Donald Trump to overturn the state’s 2020 election results.

Meadows, 64, faces a Friday deadline to voluntarily surrender to authorities in Fulton County, Georgia — but he has asked a judge to move his case out of state court, citing immunity to local charges given his status as a federal official in the run-up and aftermath of the 2020 presidential election.

“Defendant Mark R. Meadows hereby moves for the Court ‘promptly’ to permit removal and ‘so notify the State court,’ 28 U.S.C. § 1455(b)(5), without a hearing and before Noon on Friday, August 25, 2023, in order to protect Mr. Meadows from arrest prior to this Court’s upcoming hearing on removal,” a court filing from the former White House official and North Carolina congressman reads.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/22/mark-meadows-files-motion-to-duck-arrest-in-georgia-election-fraud-case/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge Denies Meadows, Clark Motion to Avoid Arrest in Georgia Election Case

U.S. District Judge Steve Jones denied requests made by Mark Meadows and Jeffrey Clark to avoid arrest in Fulton County while their requests to move the case to federal court are pending.

Both Mr. Meadows and Mr. Clark, both former federal officials, have been named as defendants in an indictment against former President Donald Trump and 16 others. Their actions in the former president's challenge of the Georgia election results have led to them being charged with violating the state's Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis alleges that their actions constituted a "criminal racketeering enterprise" and gave the 19 defendants until noon on Aug. 25 to voluntarily surrender or face arrest.

more
https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/judge-denies-meadows-clark-motion-to-avoid-arrest-in-georgia-election-case-5479502?ea_src=frontpage&ea_med=top-news-1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 11:58:48 pm »

Catherine Yang  |  8/23/2023

U.S. District Judge Steve Jones denied requests made by Mark Meadows and Jeffrey Clark to avoid arrest in Fulton County while their requests to move the case to federal court are pending.

Both Mr. Meadows and Mr. Clark, both former federal officials, have been named as defendants in an indictment against former President Donald Trump and 16 others. Their actions in the former president's challenge of the Georgia election results have led to them being charged with violating the state's Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis alleges that their actions constituted a "criminal racketeering enterprise" and gave the 19 defendants until noon on Aug. 25 to voluntarily surrender or face arrest.

Mr. Meadows and Mr. Clark both filed motions for emergency relief, arguing that state criminal proceedings shouldn't continue  .  .  .

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/judge-denies-meadows-clark-motion-to-avoid-arrest-in-georgia-election-case-5479502

This ought to be good.  Meadows never set foot in Georgia.  He sat in Washington making a phone call to someone else in Washington asking for a phone number in Pennsylvania.  How does that fall under the jurisdiction of Fulton County, Georgia?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I thought Meadows went down to Georgia to watch some auditing. Is that a separate thing and not part of the indictment? @Hoodat
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline MOD6

Offline Hoodat

I thought Meadows went down to Georgia to watch some auditing. Is that a separate thing and not part of the indictment? @Hoodat

Count 28 of the indictment says that on Jan 2 (a Saturday), Mark Meadows asked Brad Raffensperger to commit a felony.  This charge is based solely upon a phone call between Trump and Raffensperger that Meadows sat in on.

Meadows spoke  times.  Here is the entirety of his statements:

Meadows: Ok. Alright. Mr. President, everyone is on the line. This is Mark Meadows, the chief of staff. Just so we all are aware. On the line is secretary of state, and two other individuals. Jordan and Mr. Germany with him. You also have the attorneys that represent the president, Kurt and Alex and Cleta Mitchell — who is not the attorney of record but has been involved — myself and then the president. So Mr. President, I’ll turn it over to you.

Meadows: So Mr. President, if I might be able to jump in and I’ll give Brad a chance. Mr. Secretary, obviously there is, there are allegations where we believe that not every vote or fair vote and legal vote was counted and that’s at odds with the representation from the secretary of state’s office.

What I’m hopeful for is there some way that we can we can find some kind of agreement to look at this a little bit more fully. You know the president mentioned Fulton County.

But in some of these areas where there seems to be a difference of where the facts seem to lead, and so Mr. Secretary, I was hopeful that, you know, in the spirit of cooperation and compromise is there something that we can at least have a discussion to look at some of these allegations to find a path forward that’s less litigious?

Meadows: Right

Meadows: Mr. President. This is Mark. It sounds like we’ve got two different sides agreeing that we can look at these areas ands I assume that we can do that within the next 24 to 48 hours to go ahead and get that reconciled so that we can look at the two claims and making sure that we get the access to the secretary of state’s data to either validate or invalidate the claims that have been made. Is that correct?

Meadows: So what you’re saying, Ryan, let me let me make sure … so what you’re saying is you really don’t want to give access to the data. You just want to make another case on why the lawsuit is wrong?

Meadows: Yeah. So let me let me recommend, Ryan, if you and Kurt would get together, you know, when we get off of this phone call, if you could get together and work out a plan to address some of what we’ve got with your attorneys where we can we can actually look at the data. For example, Mr. Secretary, I can tell you say they were only two dead people who would vote. I can promise you there were more than that. And that may be what your investigation shows, but I can promise you there were more than that. But at the same time, I think it’s important that we go ahead and move expeditiously to try to do this and resolve it as quickly as we possibly can. And if that’s the good next step. Hopefully we can, uh we can finish this phone call and go ahead and agree that the two of you will get together immediately.

Nowhere in any of that did he ask Raffensperger to do anything at all - especially nothing illegal.  The other charge is the conspiracy charge (Count 1) which in itself requires an illegal act.  Good luck finding that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Thanks @Hoodat  Much appreciated.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley