Author Topic: FEMA officials reportedly staying at 5-star Maui hotels costing taxpayers BANK  (Read 458 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FEMA officials reportedly staying at 5-star Maui hotels costing taxpayers BANK
August 22, 2023 | Kevin Haggerty

Concerns over the federal government’s botched handling of the Maui wildfire stretched into resource mismanagement as hundreds of personnel were reportedly put up in luxury hotels at a grand per night.

Efforts to locate survivors and identify those who tragically lost their lives in Hawaii have continued amidst intense debate over how public officials may have failed their community. Now, with around 1,000 Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) employees overseeing the disaster zone, the Daily Mail reported their post accommodations are costing taxpayers at least $1,000 per night.

“Bungling U.S. government bureaucrats dispatched to the Maui disaster zone are shacked up in $1,000-a-night luxury hotels on the Hawaiian island,” the report detailed Tuesday.

Three of the locations FEMA teams were reportedly staying at were five-star hotels that included the Grand Wailea, Four Seasons and the Fairmont Kea Lani. Additional officials were staying at the Marriott Wailea Beach.

“The beachside resorts are popular among the rich and famous and located about a 45-minute drive away from the fire-ravaged town of Lahaina,” indicated the Mail as a local government employee identified only as Kaleo said, “Shouldn’t they stay closer to the site, instead of staying across on the other side of the island?”

https://twitter.com/FairmontKeaLani/status/1527348383542743040

https://twitter.com/ReneChampion1/status/1411317243141578760

https://twitter.com/FSMaui/status/1684770173620801537

more
“The Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaiian for ‘heavenly white’, boasts on its website about being the ‘only all-suite’ hotel in Hawaii that once welcomed ex-Bond star Pierce Brosnan and offers ‘gourmet dining’ to uber-wealthy guests,” the outlet detailed of one of the resorts.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MajorClay

They should be staying in FEMA trailers.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FEMA officials stay at $1,000-per-night luxury Maui hotels on 'other side of the island' while taxpayers foot the bill: Report

Federal Emergency Management Agency officials are staying at expensive luxury hotels in Maui, located "on the other side of the island" from recovery efforts, the DailyMail.com reported.

FEMA officials, who have been sent to Hawaii to assist with recovery efforts following the deadly fires, are reportedly staying in posh Maui resorts that start at $1,000 per night, according to the outlet.

Meanwhile, the devastating wildfires have taken the lives of at least 114 people, left thousands of individuals without homes, and caused roughly $5 billion in damages. FEMA's slow response to the disaster has received widespread criticism, and now the agency's tone-deaf choice of lodging has sparked additional outrage.

The DailyMail.com stated that approximately 1,000 FEMA workers are staying at four resorts in Wailea on the taxpayers' dime. Three of the hotels, including the Fairmont Kea Lani, Four Seasons, and the Grand Wailea Astoria, boast five-star ratings and have previously accommodated wealthy elites and Hollywood celebrities.

The Fairmont Kea Lani is the "only all-suite" hotel in the state. Its 780 rooms are at least 860 square feet and include private balconies. The Four Seasons sits on 15 acres, featuring a white fountain pool and 600-square-foot rooms. The Grand Wailea, located on 40 acres on Wailea Beach, has 776 rooms starting at 640 square feet.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/fema-officials-stay-at-1000-per-night-luxury-maui-hotels-on-other-side-of-the-island-while-taxpayers-foot-the-bill-report
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 07:19:01 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson