Author Topic: Letitia James Threatens Schools That Ban Classroom Materials on 'Pretext' of Obscenity, Lewdness  (Read 314 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Letitia James Threatens Schools That Ban Classroom Materials on 'Pretext' of Obscenity, Lewdness

By Tom Ozimek
8/21/2023
Updated:
8/21/2023

New guidance on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) announced by New York Attorney General Letitia James warns schools not to ban any curriculum components from classrooms on the "pretext" of obscenity or lewdness—or face the prospect of legal action.

Ms. James and New York State Education Department Commissioner Betty Rosa have jointly released guidance reminding New York public schools that they have a legal obligation to promote DEI to schoolchildren.

The guidance (pdf) warns schools not to ban certain books; not to remove curriculum components under the "pretext" that they are inappropriate, lewd, or obscene; and not to stop students who are transgender or nonbinary from using single-gender facilities or participating in programs that don't match their biological sex.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/letitia-james-threatens-schools-that-ban-classroom-materials-on-pretext-of-obscenity-lewdness-5477788?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji