Author Topic: Marin County residents finally begin to experience the crime they voted for  (Read 288 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
August 22, 2023
Marin County residents finally begin to experience the crime they voted for
By Andrea Widburg

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” – H.L. Mencken

In the third decade of the 21st century, Mencken’s quotation needs to be upgraded. It’s not just that the common people are getting what they wanted good and hard, it’s that the virtue-signaling affluent leftists are finally getting it too. Certainly, that’s the conclusion to be had from a story about rising shoplifting in Marin County, once a very safe community and also one of America’s most fanatically Democrat-voting counties.

To appreciate the news story I’m about to share with you, you need to know two things about Marin County. First, in 2014, Marin County voters enthusiastically supported Proposition 47, with 79.14% of the voters saying “yes,” as opposed to 20.86% saying “no.” But what is Prop. 47, you ask? Excellent question and the answer matters a great deal.

Even before 2015, when Michael Brown attacked a police officer and tried to seize the officer’s gun, getting himself killed in the process, an event that marked the beginning of the mainstream war on the police, California was already paving the way for an increase in crime and a diminishment of law enforcement. Prop. 47 was that salvo, for it reduced shoplifting from a felony to a misdemeanor if the stolen goods are valued at less than $951 dollars. In other words, after Prop. 47 passed, you’d get a ticket for stealing up to $950 in merchandise.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/marin_county_residents_finally_begin_to_experience_the_crime_they_voted_for.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji