Author Topic: 8 people, including 5 teenage boys, injured in south Minneapolis mass shooting  (Read 646 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
8 people, including 5 teenage boys, injured in south Minneapolis mass shooting
minnesota
BY WCCO STAFF, ESME MURPHY, PAULEEN LE

AUGUST 21, 2023 / 2:45 PM / CBS MINNESOTA

MINNEAPOLIS – Five teenage boys and three adults were injured Sunday in a shooting in south Minneapolis, the neighborhood's second mass shooting in just nine days. Now, Minneapolis police are asking for the public's help in apprehending the shooters.

Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O'Hara says it happened just before 6 p.m. near the intersection of East Franklin and Chicago avenues in the Ventura Village neighborhood of the Phillips community.

O'Hara says Metro Transit police officers heard gunfire and responded to the scene, followed by Minneapolis police officers. They found three teenage boys suffering from leg wounds in front of Minneapolis Market.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/south-minneapolis-mass-shooting-franklin-chicago/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Damn two mass shootings in the same neighborHOOD, oh woe! those terrible evil guns forcing aspiring rap artists and dancers, who were no doubt just turning their lives around, to to pick them up and hold them while the guns point themselves at innocent victims and pull their own triggers **nononono*

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Do nothing.

Let the trash  continue to take itself out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Do nothing.

Let the trash  continue to take itself out.
The only problem with that plan is, how many innocent lives lost are an acceptable price to pay for the trash taking itself out?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
The key ingredients drugs and young black males. Follow the link in initial news story and see a half dozen similar stories.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The key ingredients drugs and young black males. Follow the link in initial news story and see a half dozen similar stories.
Problem is, the Black family has broken down.

When I was growing up, most black kids were born in wedlock, now most are not. The implication is that daddy is not only not there, but not an influence in a family unit.

Without responsible fathers, and a lot of that is on any woman who is willing to be a brood mare "baby mama" without commitment or stability (but she's "empowered" and all that stuff) the children raise themselves on the streets, and their only role models are rappers and hoodrats and the gangs they join for a sense of family and security.

The ONLY people who can fix that are in the community, it cannot be fixed from outside.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 03:51:08 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The only problem with that plan is, how many innocent lives lost are an acceptable price to pay for the trash taking itself out?

@GtHawk

Damn few. It's almost always  thugs shooting other thugs over turf,somebody got "dissed",etc,etc,etc.

The innocents who are forced by whatever reason to live in those areas know to be inside by dark,and to not open their doors.

And to be fair,there are some areas in various ghettos that are fairly  safe as long as you mind your own business.

It's usually  "Thug versus Thug",though.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Problem is, the Black family has broken down.

When I was growing up, most black kids were born in wedlock, now most are not. The implication is that daddy is not only not there, but not an influence in a family unit.

Without responsible fathers, and a lot of that is on any woman who is willing to be a brood mare "baby mama" without commitment or stability (but she's "empowered" and all that stuff) the children raise themselves on the streets, and their only role models are rappers and hoodrats and the gangs they join for a sense of family and security.

The ONLY people who can fix that are in the community, it cannot be fixed from outside.

@Smokin Joe

The REAL problem is the way the government aid programs are administered. Thugs get to live  for free in government housing,get free medical care,free food,and even get spending  money each month for breathing.

Start evicting families from public housing that allow criminals,even  criminals related to them to live there,and you  will immediately start seeing changes.

I do not believe for one single moment that ANY woman,black,white,Asian,or any  mixture,WANTS to live in an  area so dangerous she is afraid to let her children go out to play,but the way the  system is set up now,she is powerless to do anything  about it. Or most are,anyway. We all know there are exceptions to every rule,but name just one mother that you know that would WANT to live like that.

They just don't have any choice until the government starts kicking the  criminals out and putting them in jail,and you can bet your bipppy  the local police know who ALL the criminals are on their beats,and where they live. They just aren't allowed to do anything about it,and on the rare occasions when they do make an arrest,the doer is back out on the streets in a few days due to overcrowding and other problems.

And make NO mistake about it,these people are going to continue to  commit crimes as long as  they can get by with a slap on the wrist.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sometimes the herd is self culled.  Looks like young blacks in large Rat run cities are heading for extinction because of black run DA's and mayors.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sometimes the herd is self culled.  Looks like young blacks in large Rat run cities are heading for extinction because of black run DA's and mayors.
Nah. They are just weeding out the slowest and stupidest.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis