Author Topic: Migrant thanks White House for $20M-a-month NYC shelter: ‘Gracias, presidente’  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant thanks White House for $20M-a-month NYC shelter: ‘Gracias, presidente’
By Kevin Sheehan and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
August 21, 2023 3:16pm  Updated

A migrant surveying his spacious new digs at the $20 million-a-month mega-tent city on Randall’s Island had a message for President Biden Monday: “Gracias, Presidente.”

Five tents have been set up on youth soccer fields on the remote Manhattan island to accommodate thousands of migrants from the US Southern border — where more are still pouring in every day through open gates in Arizona. Arriving asylum-seekers are treated to a meal, a cot, urgent medical care, bathroom facilities and bus service into Manhattan.

One migrant offered heartfelt thanks to the Biden administration: “Gracias, Presidente,” he told ABC7 Monday.

But Biden, who has seen an unprecedented surge of migrants crossing the southern border since taking office, has done little to help the Big Apple — one of their top destinations.

New York City has gotten a mere $140 million in federal aid, with the Department of Homeland Security offering a paltry “liaison” to help tackle the humanitarian crisis — despite Mayor Adams’ repeated warnings that the cost to care for asylum-seekers in the city could balloon to $12 billion over three years.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/21/migrant-thanks-white-house-for-20m-a-month-nyc-shelter-gracias-presidente/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson