Author Topic: Expect Chicago’s migrant crisis to intensify as Democratic National Convention nears: top mayoral ai  (Read 179 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Expect Chicago’s migrant crisis to intensify as Democratic National Convention nears: top mayoral aide
By Fran SpielmanPublished August 22, 2023 6:40AMChicagoFOX 32 Chicago

A controversy has emerged as migrants continue to arrive in cities like Chicago and New York, and the focus is now on the funds needed to support them.

CHICAGO - Chicago could experience a fivefold increase in arriving migrants — up to 10 busloads a day — sent here by Republican governors trying to embarrass and strain Democratic sanctuary cities in the run-up to the 2024 Democratic National Convention, a top mayoral aide said Monday.

Cristina Pacione-Zayas, Mayor Brandon Johnson’s deputy chief of staff, predicted the burgeoning crisis that has seen over 13,000 migrants descend on the city over the last year will intensify the closer it gets to the Chicago convention next August.

Over the last week alone, the number of new arrivals sleeping on the floors of Chicago police stations has increased 6% — to 1,100 — even though Johnson has made it a priority to "decompress" police stations. Another 170 new arrivals have taken up residence at O’Hare International Airport.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/migrant-crisis-dnc
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will they hire illegal alien cops to "control" the situation? wink777
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson